The Sewing Place

Monday May 29th

Zigzag

Monday May 29th
« on: May 29, 2017, 06:47:18 AM »
Happy Bank Holiday Monday  <3 wet here with mild temperatures today.  Happy sewing, quilting and family time   <3
Love sewing with Sapphire, Janome, Silver and Babylock.
Best friend is the serger to give that superior edge to seams  😍

Lyn-J

Re: Monday May 29th
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 07:09:08 AM »
Yaay! Bank Holiday!
It's rained overnight, but looks as if its chirping up a bit!
Lynne

justpottering

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 08:08:14 AM »
Good morning Happy bank holiday
I've just come back from a lovely peaceful morning walk in the woods dry but muggy here
Now what to have for a leisurely breakfast before deciding what to do with my day go out or stay in my sewing room all day?
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Sandra

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 08:37:27 AM »
Good Morning everyone.

Well...the torrential rain/thunderstorms didn't arrive here although I could hear a bit of rain coming down in the night. It looks a bit damp in the garden and it's still quite warm.

Slept badly. I don't know if I've got arthritic hips or something but I'm in pain some nights if I sleep on my sides, but I've never been comfortable sleeping flat on my back....last night was one of those nights, as was the night before.

I'm not sure what I'll do today. No urgent sewing work to do.

Sandra.
xxx

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:37:44 AM »
Happy Bank Holiday. Rain.  :'( :fish:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Didi

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 09:24:53 AM »
Chucking it down here but selfishly I don't mind, it's cooled down a lot and sunshine flares my lupus so whilst it's very nice after a couple of days of it I feel dreadful
Have to tackle the ironing today and I am hoping to get a couple of cushions done

Mama likes to make

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »
My lovely husband is off today so did the school run which means I'm still in bed, all tucked up and snug watching Netflix!
2018 fabric used 6.5m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 3.

Addict

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 09:55:34 AM »
Morning rained during the night but lovely and sunny here .got some sewing to do  :'(
sewing in sunny Norfolk

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 10:01:37 AM »
Muggy and grey here. I feel sorry for the holidaymakers who drove down on Friday / Saturday in bright sunshine and temps of 30c only to find it hasn't stopped raining since  :( We've had the woodburner lit for the last 2 nights, that can't be right  -<
OH has gone to Tesco and I have housework to do.......no Bank Holidays when you don't work  :(
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 10:03:07 AM »
A bit cooler after a bit of rain in the night, and no sunshine yet - the doggy may actually get a walk as it's not too hot this morning.  I may even get around to embroidering a flag for her doggy bike trailer - or I may not!  I feel so lazy at the moment!

Surest1tch

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 10:18:46 AM »
Good morning, it's damp, warm, cloudy and very humid up here today.

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
Very wet here, but not cold. Gardening plans abandoned  unless it brightens up a bit.  Rotten sleep again, bones aching,  throat sore.....  :(

Bathed and tidied up, I guess I'll have to do some sewing  :D :)

Happy Bank Holiday!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 10:42:57 AM »
Cold and wet here today... been to the car boot but too wet, came home and had pancakes, bacon and maple syrup...yum!
Going to do a bit of sewing..

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 10:59:48 AM »
We had a thunderstorm overnight, so a bit fresher today.

I finished the binding on Caroline's  :vintage: cover yesterday and today I might play around with the diamante belt for the dress to impress.  Other than that there's some ironing in the basket and I need to get focussed on something family history related so that I can order douments and not waste my time on Wednesday's coach trip to The National Archives at Kew
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

maliw

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 11:56:24 AM »
Well my cold, not hayfever, has dried up and I'm totally 'bunged' up. Rain here, the heavens opened a couple of hours ago but now it's just drizzle. OH has just gone outside to put some grass seed down and hope that it gets watered in, must be desperate for something to do, but he doesn't like it if he can't get outside. Don't know what I'm going to do today, I will probably be here for at least the next half hour. ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula