The Sewing Place

Looking for a volunteer to run sewalongs

Francesca

Looking for a volunteer to run sewalongs
« on: May 31, 2017, 21:49:37 PM »
Hi everyone!

In preparation for me being away for most of September, I'm looking for someone to run the July Pick My Project sewalong, followed by the Face Your Phobias competition which will probably start late August (and conclude when I am way on holiday!)

In order to volunteer I'm looking for someone who:

1. Has entered one of our sewalongs before (so you know how they work)
2. Is confident in being able to use the forum software e.g make threads, use the formatting tools (titles etc), quote people
3. Is OK making decisions on FAQs regarding rules and entries e.g what is or isn't allowed
4. Is able to, or willing to learn to use Pixlr Express to make collages (and rotate photos). It's fairly easy
5. Is able to embed pictures into posts
6. Is available in July, August and September. You obviously don't have to be here every day, but you need to be "about" as much as possible.

I will of course help as much as possible. The first one is intended to be a trial run with me being available most of the time. The second one I will of course be away when it concludes and most likely not that contactable.

It's likely you might be asked if you can do further ones if these two are successful.

Let me know if you are interested!

classical retro

Re: Looking for a volunteer to run sewalongs
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 17:36:04 PM »
Well, I can do 1 out of the 6, and that is 6! But I will help in anyway if needed.

CR :angel:

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 19:55:29 PM »
Hi there!

I've had an offer via PM that came in slightly before yours. I will run with this person for the two stated but seeing as we're going to be holding near-monthly sewalongs we'll definitely need some more people so I think I definitely will call upon you! Perhaps for the November sewalong :)

DementedFairy

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 18:05:43 PM »
I might help later but not during marking season!
C'est moi!