The Sewing Place

Style Arc Maddison top on it's way...

Francesca

Style Arc Maddison top on it's way...
« on: June 07, 2017, 20:21:33 PM »
I'm starting on the Style Arc Maddison top now in a sort of loose knitted boucle jersey. Not doing a toile so no idea how it'll work out!

The fabric is pretty sheer but I have another top made of similar stuff which I love!

Efemera

Re: Style Arc Maddison top on it's way...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 22:08:40 PM »
Nice top.... I'll be interested to see how the raglan sleeves look.

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 16:59:53 PM »
Me too! I've never sewn them before so I don't know how they will fit. I thought they may have more wiggle room for my narrow shoulders as it won't be so obvious if the intended shoulder edge falls off me.

I am thinking I will have to increase the length, looking at the pictures as I don't like anything too cropped.

Stuck the PDF together last night. Tomorrow I will cut. Winging it and cutting straight out of my fabric as it was cheap.

If this is successful, I have several fabrics that would work well for it so I'm likely to make a few.

Also really loving this version I found on Instagram with gathered sleeves and hems.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQe29FoD4Ce/?taken-by=sunnydayz06

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 18:41:55 PM »
I have this pattern waiting to be made (but no fabric as yet).

I will now wait with interest to see how you get on with it before I adjust anything or cut anything out.   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Starryfish

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 20:42:21 PM »
I made this out of a thick shiny sweater poly knit from Fabworks. I have  narrow shoulders and it fits me nicely. I'm very pleased with it, and will make another one some time.

dolcevita

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 22:01:53 PM »
I'd always been told to avoid raglan sleeves as I'm a pear shape, but I really like them and find raglan tops to be very comfortable.  The instagram version looks lovely.

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 21:20:28 PM »
Drat. I almost finished making this in my jersey (just needed cuffs and neckband) and I just decided I hate it. It was really wide, saggy, not at all attractive. I have put it in the bin pile, a bit disappointed but not worth persevering with something that will not look good. I think the fabric was slightly at fault, and I could probably go down a size (even though I already went down one!)

I might make a toile of it in a woven rather than a knit and see how I like that. But onto the next, for now. It is quick to go together at least.