The Sewing Place

Embroidery Software

Jo

Embroidery Software
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »
I have almost made up my mind to buy the Brother PE Design 10. Mostly because it's quite popular and because the dealer I got my machine from could give me a good price. They also sell Wilcom software (I could only get the lite because...well, super expensive!) and Bernina. Because I'm buying my machine from them, they agreed to give me a good price on any of the software.
So which one would you pick, and why? I know some use Embird, which is quite a lot cheaper. Anyone know how it compares to Pe Design?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Embroidery Software
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 12:05:30 PM »
Ive used both Jo.  But I'm not a great digitiser.  When I first got software I thought I might learn how to.  But nowadays I prefer to be sewing and use the software to edit and customise designs.  There are so many designs out there I just can't be bothered.   It takes time to learn and it is a skill.
I find I use Embird far more than I use the Brother.  I find it does what I want.  I don't have the most up to date Brother software and I know it has improved.  But we use it where I work and having seen what has to be done I would get really frustrated as I feel it could be done so much easier and quicker in Embird.  Having said that the Brother software is fairly easy to learn.   I just wouldn't want to pay for it when Embird is way less than half the price. 
  • Jo likes this

Syrinx

Re: Embroidery Software
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 19:47:06 PM »
Embird is cheaper, and easier to use IMO. It does everything and you can save in whatever format you like. I can also edit designs I've bought in it without problem and digitise whatever I fancy. If I get stuck there are loads of tutorials on youtube as well (usually after I haven't used it for a while) and it's very good software :)