Back to university

Mama likes to make

Re: Back to university
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 17:28:58 PM »
Congratulations

wrenkins

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 17:52:20 PM »
Manuela that's fabulous. Every day I love my job because for all my working life I've been doing exactly what I've always wanted to do.
It's so sad that not everyone had the same opportunities and it's easy to forget how lucky we are.
I wish you every happiness and success in your new adventure.
Studying when you're "over 21" is very different. I went back at 35 and loved it because I was doing it for me and not because it was expected of me.
Well done!  :toast:

hernibs

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 19:02:24 PM »
Here's yet more Congratulations from Northern Ireland.

Well done girl.....I was 'forced' into commercial subjects at High School as I was academically zilch...truly.....all I ever wanted to do was Art in some form or other.  When I progressed to the Technical College the Art teacher was a brilliant (in my eyes anyway) calligrapher and he used to design and write posters which I used to stand and admire in shop window....and there was I, in the same building, but no one took any notice...in those days you did what you were told.

Sorry, I only told all the above to be very glad for you, even at 55 (to me that's young!) that you are now having the opportunity to follow your dream.

Every success in your future endeavours.

Lowena

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 19:03:10 PM »
Well done and good luck from me too :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 20:01:00 PM »
Excellent news - make the most of every opportunity lives puts in your way!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Pinkstar

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 22:50:09 PM »
Fantastic! Well done Manuela  :toast:

Ravingdoll

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 23:15:36 PM »
So very pleased for you.  Lovely when a dream starts coming true.  And good luck.  X

elephun

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 00:28:52 AM »
Manuela, this is fantastic news. I am so very happy for you! What a year this is turning out to be!

rubywishes

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »
Oh big ,big congratulations from me too. All the very best wishes for this new venture. :flower: :flower: :flower:
1980 Janome (aka Joan...she's no nonsense or frills),  Bernina 710 (aka Bernice), Juki TL2010Q,  1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora).
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Manuela

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »
Thank you everybody for the kind wishes.

Elephun, after the absolutely rotten year 2016 was for me, this year has so far been wonderful. Got over last year's illness, new job, our place in Thailand, etc.
Can you imagine, I even get paid to go scuba diving in the Philippines in November  :D I couldn't believe it when the trip leader chose me to accompany the group when a lot more students than expected signed up for it. It probably helps that I'm a qualified rescue diver, but with me being new and all   :D

DaisyChain

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 18:49:31 PM »
Congratulations to you AND to your future students. I hope they know how lucky they’re going to be!  :D

:toast:

Stitches

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 18:54:38 PM »
Congratulations Manuela  :toast: :toast:

Lachica

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 22:35:13 PM »
Congratulations! I also did PGCE whilst working as a teacher. It's hard work but worthwhile and wonderful that you can fulfil your teenage dream at last.
Mary