The Sewing Place

FPP - any interest in a follow thread?

wrenkins

Re: FPP - any interest in a follow thread?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 08:52:38 AM »
No one fancies FMQ then ;)  :devil: hahaha I'll convert you all one day...
Me Miss me me me.... I want to learn everything...including how to make sandwiches.    0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »
When something is challenging I tend to lose confidence and then freeze or find a million things I should be doing so don't have the time!

Me too! Hence the Cot Quilt from start to finish tut which Im doing instead of blinging up the Under Sea quilt
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Syrinx

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 09:57:44 AM »
I'll start with an easy peasy one I promise ;) and lots of pictures.

Sewingsue

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »
When something is challenging I tend to lose confidence and then freeze or find a million things I should be doing so don't have the time!
Any space on the procrastination bench?

Either that or the first bit I get wrong it's 'see, I can't do it' - 'don't understand and never will' - 'should never have attempted it' -as whatever it is hits the bottom of the bin.

Not sure at my advanced age there is any hope of a complete character change.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

supergran

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 10:46:56 AM »
I'd like to have a go Syrinx. I've done a little fpp but nothing more complicated than star blocks and also a little fmq, which I admit I'm useless at. I can never keep either the stitch size or the speed consistent! Any help you can give will be much appreciated.   0_0

supergran

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »
I agree with Iminei about EPP. It's awful, so boring, takes for ever and all that hand sewing! No way! ><

Maximum

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 11:08:54 AM »
I agree with Iminei about EPP. It's awful, so boring, takes for ever and all that hand sewing! No way! ><
I did make 2 small pincushions using EPP - fairly relaxing and small enough to finish without getting "put away" and forgotten about.
SewingSue - I suspect the bench is getting full but I'll budge up so you can squeeze in. ;) I'm fine once I get going on things but usually work better with deadlines looming so I have no choice. I'm older and retired but I do like to learn new things and push the boundaries. A day where I have learnt something new (however small) has not been wasted :)

Sakar

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »

Entirely my opinion  ;)

Lowena

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 12:02:48 PM »
I quite like EPP  :|
I think both fp and fmq will be too complicated for a numpty like me ( I can't even fit and use a walking foot  :| ) but I will follow your threads with interest  :)
P.S. my machine has a built in "even feed "  but as I don't even straight line quilt on the machine I always hand quilt I don't think I'd ever master the techniques  :(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:04:33 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

rubywishes

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »
I'd love to do a fmq sandwich of the month....sounds perfect  0_0
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Syrinx

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »
FPP is one of those things that looks complicated but it's actually really really easy. You can make the design as complicated or simple as you like. But at its core it is sewing along a line and then another line and trimming your fabric after.

FMQ is a bit tricky but if you go at it with confidence you'll be fine. It's all about chopping your area up into chunks and then quilting the chunks. I'll definitely do a few sandwich designs that help you understand this and do some which are nicely worked in small sections.

It's all fun!

maliw

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 12:15:31 PM »
I'd love to have a go but I've got soooooo much on at the moment. I could just dip in and out when I get the chance and i would follow the thread anyway. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to put everything together.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lowena

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »
I haven't got a reliable printer, so couldn't do FPP anyway  :| perhaps one day  ;)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Sakar

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 14:24:46 PM »
I think both fp and fmq will be too complicated for a numpty like me ( I can't even fit and use a walking foot  :| )

TAKE OFF YOUR HAT, LOW!!!!!  >:)

FPP is one of those things that looks complicated but it's actually really really easy. You can make the design as complicated or simple as you like. But at its core it is sewing along a line and then another line and trimming your fabric after.

It's all fun!

@Lowena: You see?? It's quite easy!!!

I haven't got a reliable printer, so couldn't do FPP anyway  :| perhaps one day  ;)

If your give me your address, I will send you regularly and puctually all the patterns, which Syrinx offers  :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 14:28:30 PM by Sakar »

Sewingsue

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 14:31:34 PM »
TAKE OFF YOUR HAT, LOW!!!!!  >:)

@Lowena: You see?? It's quite easy!!!

If your give me your address, I will send you regularly and puctually all the patterns, which Syrinx offers  :D
In the absence of a Muttley snigger

:D
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.