The Sewing Place

FPP - any interest in a follow thread?

rubywishes

Re: FPP - any interest in a follow thread?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2017, 09:03:02 AM »
Cripes Supergran...like I'm ever going to show pics of my quilts again...not!  They are simply stunning, stunning!
As far as this new endeavour goes...sign me up but I beg to be allowed to drag my feet and profess defeat at regular intervals. :)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

supergran

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2017, 12:25:39 PM »
Ah, Ruby, don't be so modest. I've seen pictures of your work and it is beautiful. I have to admit that those two and the duck quilt are the only ones of mine I can brag about. The rest are just ok and some are only good enough for the dog to sleep on!
Don't worry about the FPP, Syrinx will lead you through it slowly, and it will be fine. Reading the instructions in some blogs and magazines make it sound harder than it really is, but if you go one little step at a time, I'm sure you will enjoy it. xx

Sakar

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2017, 07:12:46 AM »
How much FPP have people done? Trying to work out some nice simple ones to start off with (got the first sorted, just need to work out what next!). Or what sort of things do people fancy trying out with FPP - guessing perfect points, and feature designs within blocks (like houses, animals, flowers etc?). Any requests please let me know so I can work the block into the plan in the right difficulty zone!

I haven't done any FBB before, I'm a simple beginner ;)

Which design? I have a lot of stars at home, and flowers are not 100%  my style, but I would love to do houses, animals, lighthouses, marine life, something to do with nature like trees, lakes, mountains,...  citys (landmarks and sights) are also a nice idea...

Iminei

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2017, 08:22:57 AM »
Syrinx and I have been colluding to bring you the good peeps of The Dark Side a set of Foundation Paper Piecing tutorials to take the spot left vacant by the Mystery Quilt.

The first tut will be posted on the 16th August.

Enjoy!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sakar

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2017, 08:29:36 AM »
Ahhh :) Okay, sorry, somehow I have overlooked this (or didn't understand  :[)

That sounds great!!

Syrinx

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2017, 08:48:47 AM »
:)

We'll be starting out with some nice simple easy to do blocks and as we all get the hang of it I'll make them a bit trickier!
I'll find some nice nature ones and some houses/city type ones as well.
There's so much you can do with FPP so hopefully everyone will find something they like!

twopence

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 09:53:38 AM »
I'm looking forward to this and trying something new.

Must catch up on the quilt so there's one thing less to do.