The Sewing Place

Messerschmitt for sale on Ebay

LeilaMay

Messerschmitt for sale on Ebay
« on: July 10, 2017, 21:50:44 PM »
Yes Roger - I'm looking at you!  ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Tirola-Messerschmitt-Sewing-Machine-1940s-1950s-/382084752963?hash=item58f606a643:g:MeYAAOSw3gJZGrx8

Should have a knee lever, not a foot pedal as the vendor suggests, and I've no idea if that's a fair price, but I didn't even know Messerschmidtt made sewing machines so here's one for the information file.

:sew:

LeilaMay

Re: Messerschmitt for sale on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 22:00:05 PM »
Oh, nice video of more complex one here - and maybe it could be foot pedal or knee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHaZ2Z4Eu8M

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 22:41:25 PM »
I know diddly squat about vintage machines but do know that some aircraft manufacturers turned to sewing machines after the war.  I learnt to sew on mums BSM (British Sewing Machine) hand crank.  A beast of a thing made at the ex Hawker Sidley factory.
Life's too short for ironing.

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 22:50:17 PM »
What a beautiful machine.  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Roger

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 00:52:11 AM »
That is a really pretty one, looks like a elna grasshopper kind of... but less green. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a knee lever machine. There's a small hole on the base at the front which looks about right!

A lot of the manufacturers of Sewing machines got into it after the world wars, Husqvarna, Tavarno (elna) singer used war technologies for the first 201 and then aluminium alloy for the second from WW2. Zundapp too I think we're aircraft and then sewing, then motorcycles.

Thanks for sharing that's a gorgeous machine to see... very out of my price range tho.

A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

LeilaMay

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 18:17:45 PM »
Very out of my price range too - but I thought you'd especially like the one in the video with the bits at the back to change pattern.

We can but dream huh  :)

Surest1tch

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 21:14:30 PM »
I never heard of them before, to be honest it looks very overpriced especially as there is no foot and I would imagine rocking horse manure would be easier to find than parts for it, but having never heard of them what do I know  :fish:

Roger

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 21:34:28 PM »
The video does show a dream machine... that was found at the back of a cupboard having never been used :)

I love the little switches tho, they're gorgeous.
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132