The Sewing Place

Vogue Autumn 2017 patterns

UttaRetch

Vogue Autumn 2017 patterns
« on: August 03, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »
See here.  I can't say that anything grabs me and is anybody still interested in making this?

maliw

Re: Vogue Autumn 2017 patterns
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »
I'm not inspired either UR, some of the tops I've got patterns that are very similar, nothing really new.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Missie

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:35:42 AM »
Actually, I quite like the "Melania" outfit, although I would tweak the jacket so the end of it hugged the body more.  I also like the Guy Laroche dress......although the armpit area seems to be open.....and not too sure about that.

tumblina

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 13:19:37 PM »
I can see what you mean by repetitious, but I do like 9268 and 1561 is interesting if I could find lightweight-but-crisp fabric that is more everyday wear.

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 13:50:42 PM »
I generally like Marcy Tilton patterns but the top in this collection is so like all the other Marcy Tilton top patterns I've already got that I don't think I'll get it. I do like the Zandra Rhodes jacket and there are a couple of jersey dresses which are nice. I'd want to add in seam pockets to all of these.There are a few nice patterns with defined waists which I like but which would be no good for me - particularly the pinafore dress with a belt and pleats which says tartan or tweed to me (but only if you are thin which I ain't).

I always find I like the Vogue winter collection more than any other collection, either from Vogue or the others. I will not be channelling the Melania look, however.

I'm a member of ClubBMV which gives 20% off pattern prices on the US site for an annual sub of $9.99. I'll wait for one of their frequent sales and will go for my 3 favourite Vogues. With postage this should work out at about £7 -£8 per pattern  (it doesn't attract customs charges as the patterns work out less than £15  in total ) which is still way cheaper than full price Vogues in the UK.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 19:44:45 PM »
I used to wait for the sales before I bought Vogue patterns, so if you are not in any hurry you could wait for these.

DementedFairy

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 13:18:27 PM »
I done blogged my choices yesterday for anyone that wants a peep
https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/falling-in-love-again/
C'est moi!

Sewingsue

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:01:29 AM »
Bearing in mind that I can't remember the last time I wore a dress or even a skirt, I do like V1556.
Never attempted a coat, far less a raincoat (sourcing 'raincoat' fabric?) but as I always get in a fankle with umbrellas I tend to go for hooded jackets - which are definitely not 'smart'. V1564 looks good.

Oh well, daydreaming doesn't cost anything.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.