The Sewing Place

Pirates in my pram!

b15erk

Pirates in my pram!
« on: August 17, 2017, 09:06:15 AM »
Just made the first of several of these fitted sheets for Theo.  I thought the ones he had didn't look so cosey.

This is from I piece of fabric I bagged last week, from a FB seller.  It's lovely quality, but she only had 3/4 metre.  Still, it will make some lovely coverings....

I made it slightly big in case it shrinks a bit (no time to wash it)

Two more cut out in soft fleece fabric, backed with Swallows and Amazons.  Should have them done today.

Picture attached.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Pinkstar

Re: Pirates in my pram!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:41 AM »
Oh that is lovely  <3

b15erk

Re: Pirates in my pram!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:51:39 AM »
Sheets were delivered last night, and very pleased DD was with them.  Theo seemed happy enough with them too!

The wrong sides of the last two are a bit of a patchwork of the Swallows and Amazons fabric, but you don't see the wrong side, so I wasn't too bothered.  I didn't want to cut into a fresh piece of fabric, for something which won't be seen..... Mean?  Moi?.....  ;)

Onto the next project now.  A Scandi Nest.  Hmmmm, should be interesting....  :S

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.