The Sewing Place

New to me Pattern Company

jen

New to me Pattern Company
« on: September 01, 2017, 08:21:31 AM »
https://dpstudio-fashion.com/fr/52-patrons-de-couture?id_category=52&n=42

This is based in Paris and sells patterns as print outs. The styles in their collection are for the most part way too young for me, but I'm flagging it up in case there's someone out there looking for something different. I was curious, and sent for a couple of their basic patterns, which are the standard adaptations from which you could design your own thing. They were very prompt and delivery for me, in France, was only 3 euros - cheap as it goes. They have an address, phone number and contact email, and did reply to an email question of mine quickly ( but I wrote in French, don't know how bi-lingual they are, the site makes an effort, but obviously doesn't have a fully bi-lingual seamstress checking out copy, if you know what I mean). The patterns came as single size, printed on large format copy shop paper.

Francesca

Re: New to me Pattern Company
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
Love their stuff, so fashion forward. Wish they did extended sizes.

This one is just gorgeous! https://dpstudio-fashion.com/fr/patrons-de-couture-maille/186-le-003-robe-asymetrique-maille.html

jen

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 13:49:43 PM »
Agreed, but I don't think I could get away with such an extreme low bit in the skirt, and I wonder how
tum-bulge friendly the asymmetric lines around the body would be. I'm happy to see some indie patterns with a bit of je ne sais quoi though, instead of the bland and basic so many end up offering.
If I didn't have more than enough tailored jacket patterns to see me out I'd try theirs - looks good, and that one is age friendly.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 08:44:25 AM »

This reminds me of a fancy apron.  0_0  Most of the shapes are too boxy or loose for my going to seed hourglass.  :(

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 09:52:52 AM »
There are too many frilly and floaty bits of excess fabric for me.  Guaranteed I would end up hooked on something, trapped in a door or tread on an end and fall flat on my face :)
Life's too short for ironing.

tumblina

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 14:54:34 PM »
Great to see some new ideas! I really line #904 (Or was it 905? The dress with the pleated sleeves) and #500 top. Does the website add another 2 euros to the cost from the thumbnail list to when you click through to the pattern for anyone else?

jen

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 17:33:40 PM »
500 the top with the shaped front hem? There's a couple of pleated sleeve dresses - one lack with pleats at the shoulder and one white, with what I think is a pleated lower sleeve.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 18:32:52 PM »
Some interesting designs on there.  Nice to see something different.
That blue one Fran has an interesting cut. 

Vegegrow

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »
Does the website add another 2 euros to the cost from the thumbnail list to when you click through to the pattern for anyone else?

Just clicked on one and added to basket and the price stayed the same ....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

jen

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 12:26:58 PM »
While youre on the site, take a look at the freebies in the technical notes section. I got one on shoulder pads, there might be something of interest.