The Sewing Place

How to "decorate" this black top...

Bodgeitandscarper

How to "decorate" this black top...
« on: September 06, 2017, 12:11:21 PM »
...with this lovely chiffon fabric I bought?  I am so not artistic I just can't think how to use it.  I've looked at Joe Browns for inspiration, but not really found anything.  I'm sure most of you peeps have much more artistic ability than me, can anyone give me any ideas?  Btw, the hem is level, it's just hanging off the bed, and no, it's not pressed or threads cut off yet  :P

Efemera

Re: How to "decorate" this black top...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 14:32:34 PM »
You could make the same top but sleeveless and with a lower neck to wear over the top... you could leave large vents in the seams.

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 15:54:57 PM »
Long under sleeves and a flounce like the plain grey on this?
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 16:36:42 PM »
Thank you, nice ideas ladies  :) 
I had a brain wave whilst out walking the dog, and may try to put some kind of twisted collar/trim around the neck edge and then cover the pockets with it too.  I have no idea how to do a twisty-collary-trim type thing though.  Off to google stuff!