The Sewing Place

Shirt for DH

Ploshkin

Shirt for DH
« on: September 07, 2017, 14:04:54 PM »
I've finished DH's short sleeved shirt now that summer has finished.  It hasn't taken me that long it's just that I started with a wearable (not) toile some time ago and having altered the pattern to include a back yoke found that I couldn't sew in the sleeves very well and it turned out too small.  I realised that I had forgotten a couple of seam allowances in my alterations.  I put it to one side and it took a while to get going again.
Fabric is a beautiful quality Italian shirting that I got from Croft Mill, not that he would notice if I made it out of a bin bag, but it was lovely fabric for me to sew.  I've never made a man's shirt before.  The fabric actually has a salmon coloured vertical stripe.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

Re: Shirt for DH
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 14:05:50 PM »
That looks really good Ploshy  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 14:38:05 PM »
What Pattern is it Plosh? it looks great
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 16:08:12 PM »
Great job

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 16:29:06 PM »
Great stuff. Very professional. :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 16:47:53 PM »
Vege, it's McCalls 6044.  Long and short sleeve versions but the yoked version is what I would call a cowboy style and I wanted a standard shirt yoke which was easy enough to do (apart from omitting a seam allowance)
Life's too short for ironing.