The Sewing Place

Full day of sewing:not

sewmuchmore

Full day of sewing:not
« on: October 22, 2017, 19:34:27 PM »
So today was going to be a full day of sewing. Dogs got short shrift in the walk dept (feeling guilty) so i could crack on. First job, give embroidery machine a clean before using. All going well until i dropped one of the needle plate screws into the machine. An hour later and much swearing, finally retrieved it. Embroidered design onto yoke of jacket and decided to put it on the pocket as. Trouble was i had already put pockets on so out came the stitch unpick.
New pockets cut, interfacing ready. Drat, interfacing stuck to iron, out comes the cleaner.
First pocket done, onto the second. Argh machine decides to chew fabric up. 3rd pocket cut, needle breaks whilst i nipped to the loo. 4th pocket cut, now running out of fabric so this had better b***** work.
Hooray, embroidery done, only taken 4 hours to do a design that takes 8 minutes to sew.
Pockets on jacket and i realise i forgot to increase length of the top stitch Argh double Argh. Stitch unpick out again. This is a jacket i was just going to throw together using bits of left over fabric and its TAKEN OVER MY LIFE. 
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

fajita

Re: Full day of sewing:not
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 20:45:56 PM »
Oh dear. What a day.

But you got a jacket by the end, so all is well.  :flower:

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 23:25:41 PM »
I feel the pain! :drink:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:24:07 AM »
There must have been something in the water yesterday.  I lost count of the number of mistakes I made doing the October BOM.  One bit has a strip of fusible interfacing stuck on the back to rejoin the edges where I cut in the wrong place.  It seemed to be heading for car crash status at one point but it's going to look ok in the end.
On days like that you should really stop but when you get a chance for a sewing day you have to take advantage.
Life's too short for ironing.

maliw

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »
I'm glad it isn't just me. ;)
I've had problems too with Oct BOM - :angry:  I hope Imie's kind when the next two are posted - please.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 11:53:18 AM »
Another one who shares your frustrations!  I think this weekend was cursed from the start.

Things can only get better - great song title too.....  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.