The Sewing Place

Print Your Pattern Review

Francesca

Print Your Pattern Review
« on: November 16, 2017, 13:24:50 PM »
https://printyourpattern.com/

This company prints PDF sewing patterns and posts them to you.

They're a little expensive, £6.50 for two sheets of A0 but that does include postage. However they do the job well and a lovely printed pattern will arrive on your doorstep very quickly and they know what they're doing - no troubles trying to explain that you need things to exact scale as I've had with other printing shops.

I order from them as a treat to myself when I can't be arsed sticking sheets together.

I just ordered last night as I wanted to make a dress quickly for a trip end of the month, and I wrote a note explaining I was going away and could they try and be as quick as possible. They sent me an email mid morning that my pattern is already in the post! If I'm lucky it may get here tomorrow.

Very much recommend. Even without a special express post they usually only take about 3-4 days to arrive from the point that I order.

SkoutSews

Re: Print Your Pattern Review
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 14:25:14 PM »
This is good to know. I intensely dislike printing and sellotaping digital patterns, but I do like some of the designs available.

How many A0 sheets are there to an average pattern? I have no idea.

ClareInStitches

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 15:40:33 PM »
Oh my Gosh!  Thank you so much for posting this, Francesca. I have never found anywhere local and this looks like a good solution.

Good luck with the new dress,
Clare

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 17:46:43 PM »
Most I've had have been two pages but I've seen garments with more pieces or longer lengths go up to 3.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 18:07:34 PM »
I too dislike sticking all those bits of paper together (only done it once, never again) so thanks for this. On second thoughts I wish you hadn't told me 'cos now i feel obliged to buy some patterns.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

SkoutSews

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 18:09:31 PM »
Thanks Fran.

ClareInStitches

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 14:57:24 PM »
Thanks, again, to Fran for posting this info. I placed an order with Print Your Pattern on Sunday afternoon and have received it this morning -Tuesday.  Very speedy service, clearly printed on nice firm paper. I've checked the scaling and everything is present and correct.

I bought an Itch to Stitch pattern  - Hvar Jacket  - with a Black Friday online discount which cost me £5.82, then the A0 print out on 2 pages cost me £6.50. So that's £12.32.  Yes, it add to the cost of my sewing, but for speed and convenience it's pretty darned good!

I just need to get on with it, now. :vintage:

Here's the link, again:

https://printyourpattern.com/collections/all-products

Clare