The Sewing Place

Now no one can say I'm wasteful after this

Lowena

Now no one can say I'm wasteful after this
« on: March 23, 2017, 14:27:21 PM »
 I have almost used up my small but irritating stash, ( don't ask about the offcuts  :| )
My final project is a quilt which uses up my leftover Charm Squares and about 1m of white tone on tone fabric.
In order to make it large enough to be useful, I have had to dig up out and actually incorporate some squares ... featuring "The  :devil:'s Colour"  :angry: I know, I can't believe it either  -<
However, it does at least put to rest the false rumour that I am profligate  :P and wasteful  :P and imprudent  :P
i'll probably hate it when it's finished and it'll be hidden away... but.... at least I will deserve a  :angel: for not binning fabric  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

Re: Now no one can say I'm wasteful after this
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 17:47:43 PM »
How did you ever come to have that colour fabric? :[

DementedFairy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 18:05:40 PM »
what colour is that then?
C'est moi!

Vegegrow

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 21:16:58 PM »
what colour is that then?
I think we can say Lowena is not particularly fond of Green
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lantana

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 21:36:15 PM »
Good for you ! :sew:  (see what I did there ;) )
What's the betting that it will turn out to be your favourite quilt ever? Whenever I'm buying fabric on spec I always include one fq that I hate and wouldn't normally buy as it can give that bit of something that just chosing your favourite colours wouldn't ! Looking forward to seeing your  :angel: quilt.

:vintage:

DementedFairy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 22:04:55 PM »
OMG I love green- can't imagine life without my favourite colour!
C'est moi!

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 07:29:07 AM »
When I visited Low, she asked me to show her how I applique, so I rootled through her stash (dont you believe that she hasn't got one Girls) and found a nice bit of Green.

I cut out a Red (I believe) J and BS'ed it on...would make a lovely cushion cover, Low do you still have it ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
:| :| :| :|Stash is truly almost non existant now Imi  :angel: ( was it really a year ago since we last met??? must rectify that soon )
It built up when I took notice of people on here and bought fabrics ( mainly FQs) on spec  :P
G***n is truly the  :devil: colour DF, I can find nothing to commend it at all  :devil:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:30:13 PM by Lowena »

Marniesews

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 13:30:31 PM »
G***n is truly the  :devil: colour DF, I can find nothing to commend it at all  :devil:

Then I can only think you must be looking in the wrong direction, Lowena!

In fact I only discovered fairly recently that it's possible to like blue without it being accompanied by green.  :| Who'd have thought it!

Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lantana

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 16:02:40 PM »
I don't get not liking Green but then I don't get not liking brussel sprouts/kale/broccoli etc. We are all wired up uniquely. Maybe it's to do with an early life trauma or something.  Perhaps a particularly unkind teacher always wore green or she was adbucted by leprecauns?

At the end of the day Lowena makes lovely quilts without the offending colour, that actually get finished and doesn't seem to mind our teasing (well at least I hope she doesn't!) <3

L :sew:

Marniesews

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 16:59:08 PM »
Indeed Lowena's a very good sport  :D and I rather think she quite enjoys lobbing in these ideas to perk us up. Be honest Low!  0_0 

So I'm happy to call her  :devil: and raise it with  a :| or two  -<  ;)

She's hit me fair and square with that one though as it's on so many people's hit list which makes me sad. Is that unpopularity just a remnant from the cyanide green scandal that still tinges it with menace 100 years later together with its mystical witch & green man associations? And even I can't face those sprouts.  :(

Or perhaps it's all those leprechaun abductions after all.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 20:27:55 PM by Marniesews »
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 18:55:43 PM »
  :P :D Nothing like keeping you on your toes Marnie
Now you really do deserve a  :devil: for those pictures {{shudders }}
Thank you Lantana, I can't vouch for my quilts being any good, but I do get them finished   :angel:
I don't mind teasing at all, it shows how at ease and friendly we can be are  :D
And.....although I'm a vegetarian, I don't like sprouts or broadbeans
Now where's that Leprechaun ??

maliw

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 20:53:31 PM »
To me green is nature's colour and this country wouldn't be what it is without all the trees etc. Sorry Low I think green is a lovely gentle colour.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lantana

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 01:59:41 AM »
I don't like sprouts or broadbeans

Oh good all the more for me!  :)

L :vintage:

Catllar

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 17:22:38 PM »
I love brussels, especially roasted.

I find kale a challenge though - like chewing plastic - it goes on and on and on. I have tried putting it in smoothies too , but that was like adding sawdust and went down the drain ( hope I didnt block them up further down the line!)

Apart from that I like green too. Can't imagine nature without green!  Still, Frank Evans we all like different stuff!!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !