The Sewing Place

SOLD Heavy weight linen

annieeg

SOLD Heavy weight linen
« on: May 23, 2020, 23:11:45 PM »
Is there any interestin heavyweight linen?  I have two pieces each if generous 2 metres x 60" wide.
One is black and the other a grass green colour.
I would lik £8 per piece plus the p&p which needs to be calculated but I estimate at £3.05 per shipment. 
Hard to get colour accurate in a photo but I can send a little sample if required, on receipt of an stamped self-addressed envelope. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 14:21:25 PM by annieeg »

Renegade Sewist

Re: Heavy weight linen
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 00:25:50 AM »
 :'( Too far away. Shipping would be ridiculous.

On a brighter note my neighbor agreed to take any fabric I no longer want.  :thumbsup:

SkoutSews

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 13:55:43 PM »
I might be interested, @annieeg so I'm going to bombard you with questions! How heavy is the linen?  I'm assuming that it's a dressmaking fabric, not upholstery? Would it be suitable for a dress/trousers, or is it more jacket weight? Is it pure linen or a mix? Where did you get it?

A photo of the fabric draped over a dressform or even a chair would be helpful to give an idea of drape.

I'll stop now, over to you...

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 15:57:34 PM »
@SkoutSews
I believe they are both 100% linen, and the green is definitely heavier than the black - so I'd say that's upholstery weight.
The black is nice and substantial and would make a jacket or coat.
I've had them for ages and can't remember where I bought them - possibly Croft Mill some years ago, but I can't be 100% certain of that.
The green is a deeper colour than the picture shows and the black is black rather than navy as the photo seems to show.

There's a correction on the size of the green:  its 56+inches wide and but has had a piece of 1/2 metre cut out across half the width which I didn't notice when I measured it late the other night - so I'd take £7.00 for that piece.
The black is 56+inches wide and definitely 2 metres.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Mick

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 20:19:19 PM »
If it turns out that SkoutSews doesn't want the black stuff, then I'll have it.
No problem if she does want it.

If it is available, then please let me know a final price and how you want the money sent.

SkoutSews

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 21:45:10 PM »
@annieeg

Thank you for giving all the information. Sorry to be a bit slow in replying.

Although the linen looks lovely, I think it is too heavy for what I had in mind.

@Mick , over to you!

annieeg

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 23:07:06 PM »
@SkoutSews No problem :D
@Mick I've sent you a PM :D

Missie

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 10:26:06 AM »
@annieeg could I have the green linen please.
A measly 2.5m of stash used so far!