The Sewing Place

Style Arc patterns 25% 0ff

maliw

Re: Style Arc patterns 25% 0ff
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 15:03:51 PM »
Since using SA I've bought very few patterns from the big 4. I find SA more true to size and for me, a much better fit.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

UttaRetch

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 15:21:56 PM »
@So Chic: thanks, but as I said above StyleArc doesn't really interest me.

mudcat

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2020, 16:53:53 PM »
The SA styles are such that when I first discovered them I liked nearly everything but there was a period of time when nothing appealed and more recently it's about 50-50.  The main reason I like them is because they are well drafted. Because of Australia's hot climate they seem to have a lot more sleeveless styles than other brands which is about all I wear most of the year.

Even when the instructions were confusing for some asymmetrical type designs I found just matching notches and such made them work.  As far as fitting, they're pretty close for me compared to most other brands.  Mostly I have to make height adjustments being on the short side.

The instructions are similar to Burda pattern magazines but SA has been improving their instructions over time and now have 1-2 nicely formatted color diagrams that show how everything fits together.  Note that I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.  Just as a point of reference for anyone who hasn't used them recently or at all.