The Sewing Place

Augusts BOM - Bears Claw and Maple Leaf

Flobear

Re: Augusts BOM
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2020, 19:57:50 PM »
@Bjay , I was saying the very same to @Iminei only last Friday about the improvement that's been possible with the BOMs.
Three hearty Whiches for our instructor, say I  :hug:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

wrenkins

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2020, 20:02:08 PM »
Hear hear! :dance:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2020, 23:53:22 PM »
Absolutely!  Hear hear!   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2020, 07:28:11 AM »
Awwwwww, Thank you Girls ...

but @Flobear can I have three hearty Witches instead???? I could fit them in the Halloween Quilt!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2020, 08:00:17 AM »
I got these done over the weekend and I've only just got the images uploaded.

Prefer the maple leaf one out of these two. Again, it's the colours I've chosen which I've tried to stick to which has made some blocks a bit  :S
They'd have been much nicer in different fabrics.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »
I disagree @Sandra , your quilt is going to be stunning!

Run along, The  August BOMHOF is getting a bit crowded now, but Im sure you can find a space ...

:angel:

supergran

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2020, 08:22:28 AM »
I love your colours @Sandra . I'm looking forward to seeing the whole quilt. As Iminei says, it's going to be stunning.

Lowena

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2020, 08:32:15 AM »
Love 'em @Sandra  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2020, 08:42:11 AM »
Your fabrics are  :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:, @Sandra .

Bjay

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2020, 10:15:31 AM »
@Sandra I love your colours as wel - so bright and cheerful. It will look great :thumbsup:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Kenora

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2020, 13:47:24 PM »
@Sandra - I love your colours - they're so bright and cheerful. They make me smile. :)

I finished the second August block yesterday afternoon, but only after unpicking it a couple of times! It just wouldn't behave. :S It's probably the worst block I've made - it just wouldn't stay "steamrollered". :rolleyes:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I think one of the problems is that I ran out of the white and had to order more. I originally bought it from my local shop but they were out of stock. The only place I could find it was in Worthing, so I ordered from there. It looked fine when I received it so I washed it (which I don't usually do) but when it was dry I just couldn't get the creases out of it. It's definitely the same fabric because I ordered by its reference number, but, looking more closely, it's not even exactly the same shade of white either. The original fabric was a blue-white, this one is a cream-white. It also feels slightly heavier and not as smooth. I'm being fussy, aren't I? However, I now have nearly a metre left which I have to use, and I'm not going to enjoy it. :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

wrenkins

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2020, 13:54:02 PM »
@Kenora and @Sandra yet another triumph!  :loveit:
Kenora I ordered some lovely white to finish up my place mats. It was kingfisher brand WW**** something. It was a flippin' nightmare to iron! I've ended up ordering some similar p,cotton to back them as they will definitely need to be washable.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kenora

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2020, 14:04:34 PM »
I've tried starching this particular fabric to within an inch of its life - but it still doesn't want to behave. I've never come across anything like it before. :rolleyes:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

wrenkins

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2020, 14:06:07 PM »
Sounds like the same stuff. Looks lovely, washes like tripe!  :laughing:

Iminei

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2020, 14:10:08 PM »
Cant you contact the place you got it and say something ... just because you ordered by code doesnt mean they picked the right one.

Is there any where else you can get some, Midsomer Quilting are very good for fabric, mail order, and service !