The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Kenora

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2022, 19:11:53 PM »
@Acorn - thanks. I've just realised I can try it on Chrome Win 10 through DH's laptop, so I'll do that after dinner. If it works on there then it'll be my laptop that's at fault but I have no idea how to correct it.  :facepalm:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Mr Twingo

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2022, 20:28:17 PM »
I would hazard a guess that @Mr Twingo has been testing headers...

Yes, I was testing banners, but not on the standard forum theme. Nobody should have seen them unless they had changed their profile settings.

@Acorn is correct – TSP's birthday is just a few days away, so watch out for the celebratory banner (which may not be candles).

Kenora

« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2022, 21:02:01 PM »
I've tried getting into the forum on DH's laptop using Chrome browser - and it's fine. However, on my laptop I'm still getting a black screen with white writing, with all the graphics in weird places.

I know it's nothing to do with the forum but please does anyone have any ideas how I might correct this? I've tried clearing the cache, re-starting the laptop, shutting down & leaving then re-starting. The only other thing I can think of is re-installing Chrome.

I'm sorry to be a pest but it's really annoying having to go from one browser to another, and I hate using Edge as well.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mr Twingo

« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2022, 21:26:33 PM »
Try opening a new window in Incognito mode and see if that improves things.

Kenora

« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2022, 21:33:05 PM »
@Mr Twingo - thank you - that works fine. I'm going to show my ignorance now though  -< - what do I do next? Does it mean my Google a/c is corrupted? Thanks again.

Mr Twingo

« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2022, 21:47:32 PM »
It probably means there's a setting gone awry.

If you're on a Windows machine, press CRTL together with 0 (zero). On Mac, cmd with 0. That might help.

Kenora

« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2022, 22:05:39 PM »
Thank you @Mr Twingo . I'm on Win 10 but that command just reset the screen to 100% instead of 110%.

I'm sure there's a setting gone awry - as you suggested - but I have no idea what it is.

Thank you so much for trying to help on a Sunday evening though. It is much appreciated. I'll keep looking for answers tomorrow.

Kenora

« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2022, 14:57:49 PM »
Just an update to let you know that our clever @Mr Twingo helped me fix my computer issues "behind the scenes" as it were. :) I am delighted as it was above and beyond the call of duty for him to do that. Sincere thanks to him for all the hard work he does for us. :perfect10:

Acorn

« Reply #203 on: March 02, 2022, 14:11:18 PM »
The search function doesn't seem to be working @Mr Twingo @Iminei

Edited to add that it seems to work for some words, with no rhyme nor reason.  Mystery gets a blank page (completely blank, not a no-result page), but mostery is fine (I do know it's not a word, I just wanted something as similar as possible to mystery!)

Weird... if it's a technical issue it's a very weird one!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 14:24:31 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #204 on: March 02, 2022, 16:08:33 PM »
I searched earlier for the disappearing 9 patch tut and it worked fine however when I click on a thumbnail instead of the pic coming up in the post it takes you to a black page with the pic front and centre ... you have to click the back arrow to return to the post ... and for some reason I dont like that.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2022, 18:38:18 PM »
That's happening to me too with all photos - whether as attachments or inserted in someone's post. If I don't remember to use the browser back arrow to get back to the thread - I get thrown out of TSP altogether. :rant: It never used to be like that - you just clicked the "x" at the trh corner of the pic to get back to the body of the thread.

Mr Twingo

« Reply #206 on: March 02, 2022, 19:39:32 PM »
The search function doesn't seem to be working @Mr Twingo @Iminei

I confirm the weird results regarding 'mystery' and 'mostery'.

Investigation has commenced.

Ouryve

« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2022, 21:59:16 PM »
The stylesheet keeps going all to pot on my phone - using chrome on latest android. Menus all expanded. This has come and gone for a while, now.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ouryve

« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2022, 22:02:32 PM »
In posts as well as the header.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 22:04:35 PM by Ouryve »
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

realale

« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2022, 22:27:26 PM »
The stylesheet keeps going all to pot on my phone - using chrome on latest android. Menus all expanded. This has come and gone for a while, now.
Mine is like that on my tablet but is Ok on my computer and phone. All are on chrome.
So many beers, so little time.