The Sewing Place

Thursday 24th September 2020

Lowena

Thursday 24th September 2020
« on: September 24, 2020, 00:05:45 AM »
Yodi hi peeps
Raining cats and dogs here and for some reason I can't drop off to sleep.Time to relinquish my grip on my tablet and snuggle down with my audiobook.
In the morning proper I have housework and gardening to do, then.....sewing :laughing: I'm hopeful I finishing one quilt and backing a second one ( yeah,right )
I think summer has deserted us for now so I must find my jumpers....
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

Re: Thursday 24th September 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 06:43:19 AM »
 When Lowena started the thread I was asleep but have been up since 5.30 after being awake, listening to the rain for an hour or so.  With no guttering it is very loud and drippy.
So, good morning TSP. Its still dark out there.  I've no idea what the day will bring, I haven't looked at the forecast yet.  I will start with a cup of tea I think  :)
Life's too short for ironing.

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 06:57:58 AM »
Good morning.

Looks like rain.  Am waiting for a call to find out if there is work for today.  If not, it will be a Christmas place mat kind of day.  Either way, the morning will be less fraught than yesterday as DS1 is working from home and DD does not have any lessons today so will be staying at home. 

Have a good day, all.

Stitches

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 07:16:01 AM »
Morning.looks fine.Off to the hosptail this morning ,hoping to do some moresewing on the  quilt I want to finish
sewing in sunny Norfolk

Sewingsue

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 07:25:25 AM »
Morning
Dry here but chilly. Thicker dressing gown was retrieved from wardrobe this morning and I am contemplating switching to 2/3 duvet.

Several things I am thinking about doing, not sure if any of them will get done.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Syrinx

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 08:04:14 AM »
Horse clipping today. So I shall be covered in teeny tiny itchy hairs that inevitably creep under your clothes.

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 08:12:07 AM »
I too am chilly ... the heating thought about coming on but has since decided against it. The rain last night was a true sensation ...

It looks nice out there but definitely cooler ... Mei alive, me alive ....  other than that nothing else to report  -<

Have good Thursdays peeps!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 08:16:44 AM »
Morning all
Dark and damp weather here also.  Definitely a hibernation day.

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 08:45:25 AM »
Morning all.
Bit grey and nipply here.  :S Does anyone else check two weather forecasts and believe the one they like?  ><
Had a great old chinwag with my sis-in-law last night. She always makes me laugh and yesterday was no exception.  :laughing:
I went all mad and busy yesterday and sewed the first row of my (never ending beginning) oarsman quilt. Lovely! Enthused by my progress I sewed the second row. Set it beside the first one and it was wrong. Or was the first one wrong...or were they both wrong?!?!?!?  :headbang: Anyway, they're all ripped out again. Sake!  :faints: I have now pinned the pieces because I am clearly incapable of lifting squares from one place to another without spinning and juggling them. :rolleyes:
Enjoy your Thursday! Is it really?!?! Thursday already?!?!?!
Today I will be mostly sewing. People get clean on my wick!
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 09:17:37 AM »
Damp out there, but currently bright with blue skies but a bit breezy. It looks and feels like Autumn.

I don't have very much work again. I have a jacket to shorten the sleeves and some cords to shorten. I'll get those done this morning, then...?
Dunno. I'll find something to do. The fabric arrived yesterday so I could cut the strips for the BOM quilt top.

Just had breakfast so I suppose I'd better make a start. The washing up can wait.  :P Don't care.

Sandra.
xxx

Silver Rose

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 09:21:23 AM »
Morning, lots of rain overnight and showers forecast. Going for a swim at 12, I am really looking forward to that. I managed a walk through to the next road
yesterday and had a chat with a woman I haven't seen since March. Probably make soup today as it is getting chillier and it will be warming after a swim. I had better get off my b*m now and make the bed for a start. Have a good day everyone.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 09:28:46 AM »
Sunny at the moment, but only 10°C.
It was raining just at the time the woofs went out for wees and poos, so of course, being poodle princesses, they just did a quick wee and ran back in.  They've both been turfed out again since it stopped raining, with productive results.

I may start to cut out and sew little Clarry's padded jacket today, seeing as I didn't bother yesterday.

Gernella

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 09:32:53 AM »
Dark and miserable but not raining, but now it has got lighter it has started.  A proper change to the weather.  After the day off yesterday it's back to the painting.  A small corner to finish off and then the walls. I have discovered that starting at around 10.30 has worked for me, as I do improve as the day progresses.  No good bitching about what I could do in the past in a day, those days are over and this is now.

I think I might have to bring the throw down for the bed, it delays having to go to winter duvet a bit longer.

Swim @Silver Rose, is that sea water? :faints:
Stash extension 2020 -23 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 09:37:17 AM »
Sunny here now but cool.
I've downloaded the NHS  track and trace app :angel:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

twopence

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 10:00:47 AM »
Still sitting in bed as we slept late.  Weather sunny unlike both apps are forecasting.  We’re looking for a new flask having dropped ours and it seems they’re difficult to find while the individual ones abound.

Think we’re going to visit Cowslip Workshops and then Bude and see if we can dodge any showers.  Have a Dine In meal for tonight.