The Sewing Place

Pizza anyone?

rubywishes

Pizza anyone?
« on: May 20, 2017, 11:04:09 AM »
Mr.Ruby and I made an executive decision this evening to have pizza for tea and while waiting in the shop for our order I suddenly remembered a post from a forum (can't remember which one) about using pizza boxes to safely and flatly store fabric pieces and blocks for a quilt.

So I'm sitting there thinking......do I ask for boxes, dare I ask........will I look like a dill......but do I ask anyway......do I care if they think I'm a nut.......does it matter if they say no......I'll just never go back there again, I'll buy my pizzas elsewhere that will probly give me hundreds of boxes for nothing........yeah that'll teach them for not letting me have some boxes.......what the heck has happened to good customer service these days......it's not like I'm asking for a free pizza is it.......man, they're taking forever to cook my pizzas.......cripes........did I turn the iron off before I drove down here.......what about the heater.....did I leave that on........was it well away from the curtains.....blimey these pizzas are taking forever....nah, won't ask for any boxes, I don't like the colour of them...bleuh.....cripes these chairs in the waiting area are hard on your butt........nothing wrong with storing my fabric and blocks in plastic bags anyway.......dumb idea to use pizza boxes for that.......what if I ask for some boxes and they laugh at me....or the other customers snigger.....

And then my number was called and I bolted out of my ruminations and strode to the counter, paid for the pizzas, took a big breath and asked.............Do you think I could buy 6 of your boxes in assorted sizes? 

And you know what the bloke behind the counter said?

"Sure! For storing stuff are they? Would you like them flat or already folded?"

What a lovely bloke, what a lovely shop, what lovely pizzas they make and my oh my don't I just LOVE the colour of the boxes!!!! Yeah, and on reflection, the chairs aren't too hard on my butt either! 0_0
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:08:53 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

b15erk

Re: Pizza anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:17:01 AM »
Rubes you've just made me laugh out loud!  It sounds just like something I would do myself! 

Well done, you get a badge for courageously asking for Pizza Boxes - I just hope they live up to expectations!

:D :* :D
Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »
What flavour pizza did you get ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 17:55:35 PM »
That is what is known as a 'stream of consciousness, Rubywishes and very too.

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 18:42:45 PM »
Ruby :D :D :D :D <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 22:57:19 PM »
Brilliant thinking and well written, just as it happens.  I would ask but then I got the nerve of a  :devil:.  Well done.  :)
Willing but not always able :)

fajita

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 23:33:14 PM »
What a good idea. I'll bear it in mind.
My youngest has just started a job delivering pizzas. Wonder how long he'll have to settle in before I start making him ask for boxes.

rubywishes

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 00:41:42 AM »
Thankyou everyone for your comments  :)

So, the meatlovers' deluxe pizza was consumed last night with just a "hint" of a windy night (hahaha...was it the onions I wonder or the barbecue sauce?). I am delighted to report that the pizza boxes have worked out a treat but now my day of sewing is going to be rudely interrupted by a bit of a re-shuffle in the sewing room to work out where I am going to put them!! At the moment they are on the floor under the sewing table but that just won't do for such a marvellous addition to my life.
Ooooooo Fajita....an ongoing source of pizza boxes....you lucky girl! 0_0
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!