The Sewing Place

Free Sashiko Class

So Chic

Free Sashiko Class
« on: March 29, 2023, 16:19:52 PM »
I went to another free class today, this time on Sashiko which I really enjoyed, the history of it is interesting and I found the actual stitching very soothing to do.  I am booked on an Overlocker Progression class in May, again free with all materials supplied.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

WildAtlanticWay

Re: Free Sashiko Class
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 17:04:50 PM »
Sounds fab. Lucky you, I’d have loved that. 😍
I bought a book on Sashiko and it’s definitely something I’d like to learn to do properly.

Missie

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 13:39:47 PM »
Sounds fab. Lucky you, I’d have loved that. 😍
I bought a book on Sashiko and it’s definitely something I’d like to learn to do properly.

I following a woman on IG, she has a sewing page, and she is currently making a jacket and doing sashiko on it.  Think she has done another previously.  It is amazing and beautiful.

SingingSinger

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2023, 08:43:21 AM »
That sounds great @So Chic . Where was the class? I went to an exhibition of sashiko in London about 5 years ago and it was fascinating. :)
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

So Chic

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 11:48:47 AM »
@SingingSinger   The class was at the local adult education centre and was funded by the council via the government scheme to encourage people to be more confident with maths.  I'm booked on an Overlocker Progression class next month and everything is free.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up