The Sewing Place

Tuesday 13th October

Bjay

Re: Tuesday 13th October
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 12:56:38 PM »
Hiya
Lovely day here but a definite chill.
Garden called -more fun than HW - and I pruned the young Bramley, and it had produced 5 apples of good size (pleased with that) 2 pears and attempted to chop as much as I could off another apple that i don't want anymore. It is in the middle of a row of trees grown on a cordon so may not be able to get rid of it. I'll ask a neighbour what he thinks
3 more apple trees to go.
This afternoon bloke is coming to measure up for new double glazing, he did quote end of November for installing but will see what he says today

Pippin has been very energetic this morn ing. it is so good to see her running fast again. Hope Mei is OK

I have pulled out the unfinshed sofa quilt (throw) and it is currenty spread out on the dining room table -hmmm
will have a good look at it but I seem to have mislaid lost a strip of fabric for the border

Hope you all ahve good days and stay safe
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Catllar

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 13:18:05 PM »
Sunny and warm but v wafty today. Debating when to start thinking about bringing the orchids inside but it might be too hot for them in the house - hmm.

Made a couple of masks this morning for a local bar owner and did the ironing I've been not doing since Sunday. I like ironing - clean dry, warm job and lovely finished sheets.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

maliw

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 14:32:28 PM »
Good afternoon. Well the day started bright and sunny and it's now wet and windy.
We went for our usual walk via docs to drop off prescription - still haven't opened up the waiting room!! wait in the carpark then, mmmm.
My car needed a run out so we went to a garden centre, not sure that was a good idea from my bank balance point of view, none of the stuff bought was for the garden but the coffee was good.
Home made soup for lunch broccoli and stilton, I haven't made that for ages and now off to the playroom.
Byeee.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Celia

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 15:09:02 PM »
Home and jabbed on both arms apparently I needed to have the pneumonia jab too. Think I might be doctor phobic rather than Agoraphobia. Maybe I need a cup of tea and a biscuit.

MitchOfTheNorth

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 15:25:07 PM »
Thank you all for your kind words.   At 84, my Dad lived alone and his mind was as sharp as ever.  He felt better than he had in years.  He was arranging his life for his next 20 years.  It's been difficult to wrap my mind around it.
Stashbusting 2020
Goal:  50 meters
So Far:  3 meters

KayK

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 16:15:32 PM »
Just returned from the weekly sewing course - The one who takes over was on top form again, and another one has started sniffing so loudly it was seriously beginning to grate!  I feel my irritation begin to rise but try to quell it as much as I can.  The one who takes over has had a superb lifestyle, and we get to hear about it every week, plus she does this supercilious laugh before she remarks on anything.  I go to learn and enjoy the company of others, not to be talked down to!  Oh dear, I am a grump!

One of the new rescue cats has decided he is MY cat, and wants to be a lap cat too.  Yesterday he caught a weeny mouse, and dropped it at my feet to await praise - however I quickly picked up the mouse and put it out in the garden - I have never seen such a confused cat, searching for his gift.  The funny thing was he caught the same mouse again about an hour later, I whipped it out from under his nose and put it outside again.  I think the cat is now paranoid, and wonders where his mice are going, he was doing a pretty good search!

I wish this flipping rain would stop - had enough already.
I just love sewing!

b15erk

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2020, 16:23:29 PM »
Thank you all very much for your encouraging words @sewingj , @annieeg , @maliw and @Greybird

I'm still working from home as the horrid cough is still with me, and because of the local situation, I can't - and don't want to go for further tests.  I went for a blood test last week, and three people waiting in front of me were not wearing masks.  Words were exchanged, but it didn't alter the situation, and really unsettled me.  As our area is seriously infected I found this reckless...

I'm still sewing, and have knitted my first wearable sock.  Today though, it's paperwork on the dining table...

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

justpottering

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2020, 16:25:26 PM »
Oh Jessie it’s so lovely to see you I’ve missed you  <3
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

wrenkins

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 16:27:00 PM »
Jessssssiiiiieeeeee!!!!!  :dance: :dance: :dance:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

annieeg

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2020, 16:38:40 PM »

Puzzler

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2020, 16:41:45 PM »
 :scream: You have convinced me never to get a cat, @KayK. I will continue to admire those of others and long for a  :woof:

I took a general sewing class in the evening at a local college when I was much younger. I hadn't been in the country that long and there was a woman in my class who sounds similar to your lady. She would spend every single class going on about how wonderful her town was. She was also the greatest mother on earth. Apparently she had spent some time living in the US and considered herself an authority on how Americans raised their children. She never stopped criticising Americans. She knew full well I was American, and an American mother to boot, but that didn't stop her, nor did it ever prompt the teacher to say anything. In those days I was meek, mild and wouldn't say boo to a goose so said nothing but smouldered with anger and dreaded going to class. It was two hours to do something just for me and it was marred by this harridan. 

Lovely to 'see' you, Jessie.

Sorry about your dad, @MitchOfTheNorth
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 16:43:25 PM by Puzzler »

Silver Rose

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 16:53:38 PM »
Lovely to see you back @b15erk  :D
Still learning

Greybird

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 16:58:12 PM »
That's better!! @b15erk 's back!! Now no sloping off again!

Efemera

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 17:06:27 PM »
Nice to see you back @b15erk ...

Lilian

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2020, 17:15:22 PM »
Welcome back @b15erk ! I wondered where you were  :hug:
Willing but not always able :)