The Sewing Place

Thursday 29th October

Stitches

Thursday 29th October
« on: October 29, 2020, 07:41:42 AM »
Morning fine but cloudly .H*******k all done. going to hosptial this pm with hubby to have his cast removed from his arm .
sewing in sunny Norfolk

jintie

Re: Thursday 29th October
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 08:00:56 AM »
Recovering quietly after trip to city farm to meet DD and wee DGS. The plots are full of produce and no one is picking it.
Walked home after - has anyone noticed that there is lots of fungi this autumn? I spotted a cluster of oyster mushrooms last week, but next day, someone more confident than me had picked them. Two other varieties I spotted were either edible or poisonous in my book - depends on how good your eyesight is!
Make do and mender

Sandra

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 08:56:36 AM »
Blimey! It's Thursday again. Already.  :o
I've got a little bit of work to do today. Dry Cleaner came yesterday with some curtains  :\  and three pairs of jeans to shorten.
It's not much, but it's more than I've had in a while. Curtains are done so today I'll do the jeans. Actually, the curtains were fairly straightforward with machine stitched hems and no lining...they were big though, 90" x 90", and were all slidey and annoying on the table when I measured them.  :angry:
Material was horrible to handle. They're blackout and the fabric was snaggy to touch. I had no idea my hands and nails were that rough.  :S

My daughter has told me that my son has had his nose pierced.  >< I haven't seen him yet but I have a really bad feeling that it could be through the septum, and that's why he hasn't shown me. He knows I'm not fond of that particular piercing.
What happens to our dear little ones? They get all old, pierced and tattooed. He was such a sweet little chap  :)

I don't know why, but something feels 'odd' about this week and I'm not entirely sure what's wrong.  -<

Sandra.
xxx

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:14:18 AM »
Good morning, dull, chilly and raining here. Indoor jobs for me today, I had a fleeting thought of Christmas presents yesterday, must do something about it soon.  I had an inch off my hair yesterday and my fringe is out of my eyes. Have a good day despite the wet weather.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:06 AM »
Raining, 7°C.

Dunno what I'll do today, the heating oil man has just been, AmazonMan is bringing me a book sometime, and hopefully Mrs Hermes is bringing some waterproof trousers, bet they are no good.

May have a look at my stash, having bought the Ellie & Mac Cuddle Tunic pattern yesterday...

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:35 AM »
Good morning.  It's very wet again.  Ive been up and out and done the rounds so back for cup of tea #2.  Yesterday we dosed and sorted the sheep and I had ' the talk' with the youngsters because it was also way hey hey day for Georgie and Johnnie.  It seems no time since I was struggling to stay awake in the lambing shed.
I'm off to pluck another chicken now.
Have a good day everyone.

Life's too short for ironing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 09:27:18 AM »
Have fun, Georgie and Johnnie. (where's the "sniggering behind your hand" emoji when you need one?)

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 09:49:32 AM »
It’s cold!...waiting for the dryer repair man this morning. May get the coverstitch out and run up something.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 10:13:04 AM »
I haven't seen him yet but I have a really bad feeling that it could be through the septum, and that's why he hasn't shown me.

At least you'll be able to lead him to his room when he's annoying you :D

Slept to 9.30 !!!!!!! and am gathering myself together for the monsterabindathon that I have decreed today will be ....  :scream:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bjay

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 10:20:10 AM »
Hiya
Reading @Ploshkin post remindedd me that son is letting a couple of Georgie and Johnnie's into his ewes. One didn't lamb well last time so she will be excluded from the 'fun'. He only has a handful -well a hand and a half.
Last week he had forgotten to b uy the 'paint' and he needed 2 colours as one ram is a newbie at the game.

Horrible out there - wind insisted on blowing my hood off over and over so Pips had a very much shortened walk.

Plan then is to have a zoom Chi Kung,  wasn't well enough last week to join in, vacuum the moulted chunks of dog hair and then - da da daaaa - make a start on the rainbow quilt

Have good, productive and dry days every one
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 10:22:17 AM by Bjay »
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

BrendaP

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 10:29:54 AM »
It's raining here and quite breezy.  George :woof: will want to hide in his corner under the stairs when he gets in but that's blocked off because of barely dry paint!

I'm going to crack on with painting woodwork this morning, but I've got to the window so that means taking the curtains down and really they should be taken for dry cleaning which will be a right faff not to mention having a night or two with only a net over the window.  :(
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Bjay

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 10:31:31 AM »
@Acorn  I forgot to say - I ordered bird seed from Vine House yesterday lunch time and it is being delivered lunch time today. Thanks for that  :thumbsup:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Gernella

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 11:12:09 AM »

I'm going to crack on with painting woodwork this morning, but I've got to the window so that means taking the curtains down and really they should be taken for dry cleaning which will be a right faff not to mention having a night or two with only a net over the window.  :(

Do what I do @BrendaP I only ever cover windows for painting when it's the sitting room with one 8ft window and a 5ft on the side.   Roll of masking tape and newspaper right to the top with half held back in the daytime.  Only thing is, and DH really has a good laugh at this, it has to be the Times newspaper and it's not as if we are even close to the footpath, around 40ft back.  Makes it easier if the sun is out as  well.

I've taken delivery of my new sheepskin slippers this morning and other than that I've  done nothing, but things will improve later.  Thing is I have been so busy lately I'm just having a rest :laughing:

And it is raining again and cooler, even DH has resorted to having a cardigan on, which is an event, even he said he must be getting nesher (at 83).
Stash extension 2020 -28.5 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

twopence

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 11:14:00 AM »
Collected my shopping and had to transfer it in the rain.  Not too many red plastic bags this time. 

I might get the transfer between laptops finished today.  It’s amazing how much sorting out there was to do on the old one when I thought I kept it fairly clean.  The fan on the new one is a bit noisy though so I may call them.

FIL has a telephone pre op assessment on Monday.

Sandra

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 11:40:38 AM »
It's OK everyone! It's not through the septum.

Phew.

Sandra.
xxx