The Sewing Place

Vogue Winter/holiday 2020 patterns

Marniesews

Re: Vogue Winter/holiday 2020 patterns
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 16:23:01 PM »
The long coat styling is making me all nostalgic. I remember when the full length maxi coats came into fashion in the 60s and just how elegant it made this very inelegant 17 year-old feel. I didn't get one until towards the end of the decade and it was so warm after the preceding years of high hemlines - I did love that coat in winter especially worn over still short skirts!  :loveit:
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Nevis5

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2020, 16:26:56 PM »
I love long coats and the only way I can get them long enough is to make my own.  The first thing I thought when looking at the new patterns was that @UttaRetch  would love that particular pattern.  I also like the Claire Shaeffer jacket but probably won't get round to making it (or even buying the pattern).

I already have at least three if not four winter coats of varying lengths and shapes so I really don't need any more.

Tamnymore

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2020, 16:29:02 PM »
I had a fantastic black maxi coat with a velvet collar and hem when I was 16 (from C&A). I wore it until the lining fell off it! Love a maxi coat. Yes, you are all inspiring me - I will make another maxi coat this winter!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Silver Rose

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2020, 16:35:14 PM »
I had a grey midi length coat which I made into a maxi by adding a faux Astrakhan band to the hem. I wore it until it was too shabby, I just loved striding about in it wearing long black boots.
Still learning

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2020, 16:46:08 PM »
I had a purple midi coat my mum made when I was 14.  I loved it and wore it to death.  I often wore it with a purple cord mini skirt with a big gold buckle.  Also mum made. 

UttaRetch

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2020, 18:19:16 PM »
When I was a teenager in the 70's, I had a petrol blue maxi coat that probably came from C&A.  I wouldn't wear one know, though.  Time has moved on and my figure is not the same as then.

maliw

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2020, 18:42:05 PM »
Nothing for me here but thats ok as I don't need any clothes.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Tamnymore

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2020, 18:54:16 PM »
'.... don't need any clothes'. What is this 'don't need any clothes' of which you speak @maliw ?   ;)
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

sewingj

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2020, 18:58:07 PM »
Air Force blue midi coat for me - with detachable short cape!

maliw

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2020, 09:55:04 AM »
@Tamnymore  I almost live in jeans and jumpers at this time of year or t-shirts in summer and have plenty of both.
I don't wear dresses much - I had a dress for each of our children's weddings - nothing fancy as both were very low key and they have seen the light of day since, similarly one I made for Christmas about 4 years ago - worn once.
I love Vogue patterns but sadly don't need anything.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula