The Sewing Place

Spencer Ogg Patterns

CraftyIrish

Re: Spencer Ogg Patterns
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2021, 14:25:40 PM »
@CraftyIrish I’m trying that one tonight but want to make it out of scraps first.

I haven’t got any cotton webbing so will make a fabric handle.

I really like the bag with the webbing for a casual look so may have to invest in some.
let me know how you get on and post a pic. I ordered 1'' webbing on amazon because I have all the 1'' hardware there. The webbing only cost me £5.82 for 5 metres.
Stitch a long

Ellabella

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2021, 19:44:58 PM »
@CraftyIrish the bag is on hold as I’ve decided I really want the webbing straps so am going to order some tonight.

RJR_38

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2021, 22:11:13 PM »
@Ellabella I think it will look good with webbing. I got some nice webbing from ebay before but lots of places sell it. Nylon webbing is cheaper than thick cotton but it depends what style you are after. I made up one of her bum bags this morning for my sister for dog walking. I used cotton webbing   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ellabella

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2021, 23:51:49 PM »
Ooooh I do like those rainbow zips.  I keep looking at them but I got a 3m length of navy continuous zip recently so shouldn’t buy any more for a bit.

I’m going to make a couple of shopping bags to keep me going until my hardwear arrives.

RJR_38

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2021, 09:32:29 AM »
I am addicted to zips and zipper pulls - it is almost as bad as my fabric habit now haha