The Sewing Place

Butterick Spring patterns

Tamnymore

Re: Butterick Spring patterns
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 14:07:29 PM »
There's quite a nice party frock somewhere in there but, hey, who is going to a party just now?
The Tilton pattern isn't too great- the Tilton sisters have done more exciting offerings.
I suppose Butterick is aimed at a 'middle aged' group, McCall for younger age groups and Vogue is for designer patterns. I can't find much in Butterick or McCalls these days but there are still some good Vogue patterns especially the secret designer knockoffs (like an Alexander McQueen coat). Trouble is, they take an age to get into the UK shops and we never get pattern sales now. I find I'm buying more Stylearc these days especially since I realised how good Patternsy is for printing.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

mudcat

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2021, 14:20:05 PM »
Yeah but the Vogue designers seem much diminished recently and they don't showcase them on the site ... you have to look for it in the details.  Those were pretty much the only ones I ever bought.  I don't actually ever make any of them.  Just collect them for reasons unknown. 

sewmuchmore

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2021, 17:03:17 PM »
And why do you have to pay the same for digital and printed?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2021, 07:52:54 AM »
And why no copy shop option (A0)?

Tamnymore

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2021, 08:30:31 AM »
Yes the copyshop version is definitely required @UttaRetch . Although I have waded through printing out patterns myself my printer struggles and it's not economical to send off an A4 pattern to be reassembled and printed - it would work out at about £15 I reckon as oppsed to a fiver for two wide pages somewhere like Patternsy.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde