The Sewing Place

Sewing chair

sewmuchmore

Sewing chair
« on: March 21, 2023, 18:11:56 PM »
Different question to the other threads.
Has anyone ever come across an adjustable height chair with just 4 legs and castors. I am finding the one i have, which has the bog standard 5 legs, is starting to annoy me as every time i move between machine the legs are catching on my table or drawers and i spend ages shuffling round to get the feet in the right position so i can sew comfortably.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

HenriettaMaria

Re: Sewing chair
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 18:20:04 PM »
No - they were outlawed in the 80's, possibly earlier, for being too unstable.  You might find one in a flea market or charity shop, but it's unlikely you'd want to give it house room - there could be anything living in there....

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 08:53:34 AM »
Thanks @HenriettaMaria it's back to the drawing board then. Actually looking at my chair the legs are quite low to the floor and cover a wide area, perhaps i need one with a smaller floor space, if they exist.

Janet

Sewbusy

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 09:10:09 AM »
Thanks @Sewbusy I do have one like this, without the back rest, that i use at my embroidery machine. I have tried it at the sewing machine/overlocker but find i cannot sit long without sliding about on the "leather". With the embroidery machine i tend to be up and down all the time so it isn't a problem there.
I wonder if i would be able to just put my chair onto the wheel base? will investigate.

Janet