The Sewing Place

Contests and Sewalongs for 2023 - Ideas wanted please!

SewRuthieSews

Re: Contests and Sewalongs for 2023 - Ideas wanted please!
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2022, 22:34:22 PM »
Thanks @indigotiger I really appreciate your detailed and thoughtful reply.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2022, 17:16:27 PM »
For the most part, I find the time constraints don’t always work for me. To enable more members to participate, would it be feasible to be more flexible with timings?

I sew sporadically so I might make a travel bag for a trip at Easter but the bag making competition might be running in July so I can’t enter it because I’m making something else in July.

If we had a list of the competitions for the forthcoming year and the period they were going to be judged, could we not undertake them when it suits us and still be allowed to enter the competition?

For example: for each competition, you’d have a specified fortnight to enable online submissions with the usual info. and photos, then a further week for voting.

I’ll have a further think about competition categories and come back to this thread although lots of good suggestions have already been made.

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2022, 15:50:17 PM »
Back to SWAP, I haven’t kept up with all the different SWAP’s over the years that were on Stitchers (rule wise) but I wonder if undergarments could be included? Everyone needs certain undergarments (I would hope anyway). I’m thinking that maybe those could coordinate somehow with the top layers.
The wrench in the idea could be the photo part depending on the undergarment  ;).
Runs with scissors ✂️ ✂️✂️

Kwaaked

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2022, 16:31:04 PM »
@kowgiirl.up the one I got brewing in my head does include lingerie in the form of soft bras.  Since this will be to camp, or glamp, in style, I don't mind being in a top like that around my family...but it will definitely be layered over most of the time because my skin can't do UVs for very long.