The Sewing Place

New Hand embroidery THREAD please join in

Celia

Re: New Hand embroidery THREAD please join in
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2022, 16:40:15 PM »
Maybe not quite embroidery but I think I can squeeze this in it is what I have been doing this afternoon, might do some more crewel work tonight

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2022, 16:52:58 PM »
@Celia Beading counts .... it is pulling stuff through stuff  with a needle.
I really like that, I am thinking it would make great handles for an embroidered bag  :thumb:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Cazlyn

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2022, 07:31:38 AM »
@Diane your bird embroidery is beautiful!  You’ve got me looking at Trish Burr stuff now and I really don’t need anything else to do!
Crafting is my happy place

RosyPosy

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2022, 08:04:11 AM »
Embroidery is another soft craft I have tried late in life so not much to show yet. I started off with a kit that taught me basic stitches and was pleased with result.

I have since tried some Rowandean kits which I have loved working on as they are less prescribed and have the beads as well as threads. I want to move on to crewel work but I am slow plus have quilting and crochet to tackle as well.

Celia

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2022, 09:17:31 AM »
Good to see you @RosyPosy i am almost a beginner at crewelwork and also do lots of other things so please don’t worry.
Just let us know what you are working on when you want to.

Come on @Cazlyn i am sure you can join us, no pressure here :devil:

stephanelli

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2022, 09:19:38 AM »
Hand embroidery was one of the first things I was taught as a child by my mum.  Mostly cross stitch and other stitches that could easily be done on Aida.  I still like to have at least one cross stitch on the go.

I've done a couple of bits of other embroidery with more interesting stitches, a little practise piece and then a tote bag kit.  I've got the supplies to start another piece when I'm brave enough and have the time.  It's much more detailed!

PollyWally

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2022, 09:53:07 AM »
I came across these cross stitch art miniatures on Etsy.  Art Miniatures by CrossStitchObsession

I thought the patterns were very clever.

Celia

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 09:37:48 AM »
@PollyWally they look interesting funny the one hand needlework thing I don’t like doing is cross stitch, I like the finished item but not the process.

Sewingsue

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 12:40:42 PM »
@PollyWally they look interesting funny the one hand needlework thing I don’t like doing is cross stitch, I like the finished item but not the process.
I have seen some beautiful cross stitch pictures and I have friends who assure me that they find it so relaxing.
Not me, trying to keep count and shade change to follow the pattern is anything but relaxing.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

PollyWally

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2022, 14:44:09 PM »
@Sewingsue and @Celia  I'm not a cross stitcher either but I am tempted to try one of these little designs.
 Although, I have so many unfinished projects around, I should probably not start another one, even a small one !

RosyPosy

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2022, 17:48:35 PM »
@PollyWally - I have found cross-stitch more fiddly than embroidery. I started a very cheap and small Easter cross-stitch kit and have never finished it - maybe next year!

The first embroidery kit I tackled was great and I was quite pleased with finished product.

PollyWally

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2022, 00:53:15 AM »
@RosyPosy That's really pretty, the colours are lovely. Small doesn't necessarily mean quick to finish I have found !

Celia

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2022, 09:17:38 AM »
@RosyPosy that look lovely very neatly done

Diane

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2022, 10:07:08 AM »
@RosyPosy That's very pretty  :loveit:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2022, 14:33:00 PM »
@RosyPosy that is lovely. I too don't like the counted bit of cross stitch.  I like to be able to pick up and put down but found with cross stitch you have to start and stop at specific times or get lost. I find it too easy to get lost.  I need to avoid dropping down deep into the losted place as much as possible.
I have got half way down my wolf's head and still attempting neat.  I wish I found being neat as easy as I get lost!
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."