The Sewing Place

Brother photo stitch thread?

sewmuchmore

Brother photo stitch thread?
« on: July 13, 2022, 14:43:10 PM »
Just digitising a design and i have noticed that on the PE Design 10 there now appears to be a photo stich thread list. The colours seem to be more muted than the standard satin finish but not as matt as the Country thread. A anyone come across these threads? I have done a search but cannot see any.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ohsewsimple

Re: Brother photo stitch thread?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 14:59:05 PM »
Are they actual threads?  Or are they a selection that are best for use in photo stitch?
I’ve never heard of them and can’t find anything either

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 15:11:57 PM »
@Ohsewsimple  My software shows a list of all different brands so I took it that they are actual threads. They have the same colour names as the satin and country threads but are different shades.
There is a list for the flesh coloured threads used for photo designs but i have all those.

Janet

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 15:20:34 PM »
How weird @sewmuchmore
Might have to do some investigating. 

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 15:43:26 PM »
@sewmuchmore in the manual for PE design 11 there is a piece about this.  Yes it is a thread chart based on the Brother threads.  I believe it’s been designed to give a better appearance on screen.  Something that is closer to how the stitch out will look.  I’ve never done photo stitch so it’s a bit of a mystery to me. 
Don’t know if this would be of any help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVuZuwSy1A4

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 16:14:26 PM »
?????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewmuchmore

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 17:08:14 PM »
@Ohsewsimple thanks for the link. Despite having done a few photo stitch designs (trail and error) i have learnt a thing or two from watching this and have bookmarked to watch the rest of the videos. Although she is using PE 11 i can't see that it is any different to PE 10. Still a bit confused about the thread chart because she does show you other brands.
I will contact Brother, but won't hold my breath as they have never replied to any other query i have had.

Janet