The Sewing Place

Free Trial of Janome Artista s/w

Kad

Free Trial of Janome Artista s/w
« on: October 10, 2022, 11:03:08 AM »
The JANOME.CO.UK website has an offer of a free trial of their Artista Digitising s/w. The trial runs to late November so allows a reasonable time to play.
I downloaded the software on Saturday and had to wait until this morning to receive an email with the serial number and activation code. I don't intend to splurge out on the actual product, although it's discounted slightly at the moment, but I am enjoying playing with it.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Iminei

Re: Free Trial of Janome Artista s/w
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 12:43:08 PM »
Ive just googled and watched a couple of the tuts and it looks very interesting, altho possibly above my skill level.

So until the end of November you can Play? Create? and Keep? the finished designs in your Embroidery files ???
Or will they disappear into thee ether on the 1st December?

Do you need a Janome E Machine or will the designs convert to, in my case, PES ?

I think I remember a stitch designer cd that came with The Splurgess, but couldnt fathom head nor tail of it.

Ive been asked to make some simple embroidered napkins (which Im going to shop buy) for my AG ... all she wants is a small blue anemone like flower and after watching the floral design tut, this seems a distinct possibility.

Will this thread be available for the inevitable questions?

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 09:47:05 AM »
@Iminei or you could just download a design for free from here
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Kad

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 06:52:09 AM »

So until the end of November you can Play? Create? and Keep? the finished designs in your Embroidery files ???
Or will they disappear into thee ether on the 1st December?

I'll be able to let you know, after the end of November if my creations disappear into the ether!!

You could always download the free trial, create the design that you want and get the required number embroidered before the end of November.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

realale

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 22:00:54 PM »
I've just been watching the You tube videos 'Getting started with Artistic Digitiser' from Canada Janome. link The presenter is French Canadian so speaks English with quite an accent!!
Anyway, she was saying to make sure you save your designs to your computer because once the trial finishes the designs disappear into the ether.
So many beers, so little time.