The Sewing Place

Daylight floor lamps- anyone have one

kowgiirl.up

Re: Daylight floor lamps- anyone have one
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2023, 15:39:24 PM »
I had a weak moment and bought that lamp. It should arrive next week. It will be handy I think to have a light that I can easily move around. Fingers crossed
Runs with scissors ✂️ ✂️✂️

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2023, 16:22:28 PM »
Years ago I bought a 'daylight' lamp with a magnifier.  It was like an anglepoise but slotted onto a wheeled stand.  I never got on with it and the lamp bit was jettisoned but the wheeled stand moved to garage.  About five or six years ago I found another anglepoise that clamped to a shelf.  The lamp itself slotted into a socket on the clamp.  I thought, hmmm - I wonder if this will work with the wheeled stand?  Had a go, and it did, so I have a lamp that can either be on the shelf over my sewing table or over my shoulder in the lounge if I'm hand sewing.  I can't remember what the original lamp and base cost (it was maybe 15 years ago I bought it at a sewing expo) but the later purchase wasn't much more than £35.

It was this kind of thing with a screw-in daylight bulb on a stand like this

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023, 18:00:24 PM »
I used to have those bendable lights on the industrial machines and the darn things would never stay in place. Too much vibration I guess.

The pole that you linked to looks nice but I have carpet on my sewing room and roller coasters just don’t get along too well.

If the light proves too tippy I will get the hubby to make me something better/wider base. We will see how this pans out.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2023, 13:22:28 PM »
 :facepalm: Just realised I answered this thread twice!  Ah, well, at least my story's consistent  :laughing:

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2023, 19:37:32 PM »
:facepalm: Just realised I answered this thread twice!  Ah, well, at least my story's consistent  :laughing:

That is OK, sometimes I need to be told twice :-)

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2023, 00:12:31 AM »
The lamp came in and I’m happy. It will do what I need it to do. The base seems heavy enough for my use. Now we will see how long it holds up.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2023, 08:41:24 AM »
Great!

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 21:30:27 PM »
I am loving my new light so far. I like the fact that I can move it anywhere in the room and not have to fiddle with clamping it on something.
The base is working for me just fine and I'm pretty happy about that.

The lamp itself seems well built.

Stay tuned..