The Sewing Place

I am not a darksider, but...

Renegade Sewist

Re: I am not a darksider, but...
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2022, 19:40:19 PM »
@Ouryve that's perfect for the job. I was too lazy to say so. While looking up Timtex and Peltex and alternatives to suggest you consider I came across a pertinent discussion on a quilting board.  :) Great ideas there including automotive headliner. Unless you want it puffy you don't necessarily need wadding with one of the stabilizing or foam products. Also apparently automobile headliner and Bosal are inter changeable for this sort of use. You could in fact use flannel or polar fleece in lieu of wadding.

Might I suggest if possible testing your chosen products. About an 8"-9" sandwich, measured before stitching, measured again afterwards so you can see if the close stitching shrinks stuff up. Your test can be a trivet.  ;)

The close stitching isn't bad. I took a class where we were channel quilting at the width of the presser foot. It took time but is mostly mindless.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ouryve

Re: I am not a darksider, but...
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2022, 20:10:16 PM »
I'll probably enjoy it if I get chance to get into the zone. It's getting back into it after interruptions.

I was planning to make the quilted fabric then cut the pieces out of that but was going to d a tester, anyhow. Turns out that I need just a little more of the foam than comes in a standard pack but I've found somewhere that sells both that and a suitable fusible fleece for the other cover on the roll, plus some other bits I've been after for another project, so they will have my custom.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"