The Sewing Place

Quick view of my oh so tidy space

LeilaMay

Re: Quick view of my oh so tidy space
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2022, 14:22:52 PM »
Can you steal even a corner somewhere, and put in a piece of furniture/storage to make it feel like a dedicated space?

I love these, but could never justify one:  https://www.exmoorfurniture.co.uk/quilting-cupboards/

BrendaP

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2022, 16:53:34 PM »
It looks lovely!  I won't scare you all with the mess that my sewing room is in at the moment, it's become a bit of a dumping ground!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

realale

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2022, 17:02:24 PM »
Oooh, that's tidy!! Mine looks like an explosion in a rag factory.
So many beers, so little time.

datcat23

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2022, 20:44:32 PM »
That looks wonderful.  I need to do something with my sewing room, as its in a right state, well in a state that I don't like.
 I am fully aware that I border on obsessive, so messy for me is probably ok for most.  For whatever reason, when I do any embroidery or quilting, it seems to encourage me to leave things littered all over the place.  I have two outfits cut out, and I need to get them made up, so I can start the next thing.  I also need to get the embroidery maching going, so I can make up some xmas gifts.  Busy Busy!
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  6m | Items made:  2  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

coffeeandcake

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2022, 21:08:41 PM »
What a great space. I like all of your storage.

LeilaMay

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2022, 09:01:28 AM »
Glad you all liked looking, sorry we can't all visit and share a cuppa and a biscuit.
I do like being able to out things away when I want to - but finding what works in my space has been a bit trial and error since we've been here. I have less sewing machines now so that I have more room for other things for example.