The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm

Flobear

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2023, 10:04:05 AM »
I should be around this afters. As I've said elsewhere, I have a very limited space to work in atm but it's fine for making 12" patchwork blocks. I just have 5 to go for the Sparklig Stars quilt.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2023, 11:31:04 AM »
well done @PollyWally!
I dont have a great record with curtains. I left some in the living room of the last house which were not quite the same length. Not at all noticeable when they were open, but looked a bit rough when closed

@Flobear my sparkling stars haven't got very far yet, so please keep going and sharing, maybe it'll get me started!

Ouryve

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2023, 12:42:11 PM »
I will be with you for a while, swearing at the cord pants I've just started. I promise to keep it quiet for the more delicate ears.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Flobear

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2023, 13:12:09 PM »
@SewRuthieSews , my Sparkling Stars were started last May when I fondly imagined I'd have a quilt by the end of the year  :[

Flobear

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2023, 14:08:21 PM »
Well, here I am.
Just me, then?
First job is to get some melty plastic off my Special Sewing Iron where it fell off the worktop onto a black polybag the other day.

Sandra

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2023, 14:10:05 PM »
I need to figure out a price on a  :\ MASSIVE curtain job. I've been putting it off since last Thursday but I suppose I ought to have a proper look at it now.

I've been asked to either make a massive pair of lined curtains from scratch with a pelmet....OR....join pre-made curtains to make them into a massive pair of curtains, and make a pelmet from the off-cuts.
Don't want the job but I doubt I'd put her off no matter what I charge.

I really don't want acres of curtain fabric dropped off here and I'd prefer to join ready made curtains. I really don't have the space for either job since losing my sewing room and my lovely big dining table but feel that handling the acreage of untouched fabric (and the lining) is more daunting.

Sandra.
xxx

Ouryve

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2023, 14:12:34 PM »
I've been under stitching.i like a bit of understitching.

I can only play until 3-ish and I feel like I'm starting with a cold, so may give up sooner, if I can't concentrate.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2023, 14:18:06 PM »
I shall be up there in a bit.  I’ll be embroidering my first section of my picture.

Kad

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2023, 14:19:48 PM »
@Flobear

I'm here miss, sitting quietly at the back reducing leftover fabrics from a friends stash into 5" squares and then further cutting into 2.5", 4.5" squares and 4.5"*2.5" rectangles. It'll end up as a 60"*48" ish quilt, hopefully sooner rather than later.
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Lachica

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2023, 14:36:27 PM »
@Sandra just say what you've just told us - your new sewing room is small so you can't handle large curtains.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ouryve

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2023, 15:04:48 PM »
I agree with lachica.

I'm done for this afternoon, anyhow. Pockets assembled, with a contrast lining as i didn't fancy cord all the way down inside! Not particularly photogenic. Managed to use up all but 2' of a leftover bobbin so will wind a fresh one and re-thread before tidying up, getting on with other stuff before the boys get home.

Will no doubt check back in while waiting for that taxi.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 15:54:31 PM by Ouryve »

Stitches

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2023, 15:16:12 PM »
Done some free montio quilting on a quilt for q4L

Celia

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2023, 15:22:05 PM »
I am here too a bit late starting as I had a Waitrose order that turned up at the wrong time.  I have already found the thermolan and batting just got to remember which order worked best, the last pair I made I did one of each :laughing:

Will report back later

Glad to see everyone

Diane

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2023, 16:35:58 PM »
Sewing Club .....Where did this come from  :thinking: I must have missed this thread  :faints: I'll bookmark this for next week  :P
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Flobear

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2023, 16:45:03 PM »
Took a bit longer than the allotted time especially as I sewed two of the quarters at the wrong angle and had to unpick. And I did the cutting out of pieces yesterday.

Anyway, here's the fourth Aquamarine Star in the little bit of space I currently have to work in  :[

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Glad you found us @Diane.

Love the pocket inners @Ouryve