The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm

fajita

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #765 on: March 26, 2024, 16:09:48 PM »
Your fox looks so cute. I’m sure my dinosaurs would love to be friends with it. And if it annoys them, then they might eat it. lol. @Ouryve

Sheilago

« Reply #766 on: March 26, 2024, 16:32:31 PM »
I’ve done a bit of hand sewing on my scrappy quilt binding. I must email the Project Linus organiser to let her know I have 2 quilts ready for her.

Flobear

« Reply #767 on: March 26, 2024, 17:46:31 PM »
Didn't have much time but made a couple more blocks for my Improv. Quilt
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

realale

« Reply #768 on: March 26, 2024, 18:38:42 PM »
I was here. I finished off my top by sewing in the sleeves, adding the sleeve cuffs and attaching the bottom band. Have I mentioned how easy it all is with my new overlocker?!!?  :P  :laughing:
After that I patched two pairs of son's jeans. He catches the belt loops on the warehouse door handles as he goes in and out and they also needed the crotch reinforcing. Not my neatest work but they are only workwear jeans.
So many beers, so little time.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #769 on: March 26, 2024, 19:31:15 PM »
I was here, once I got back from a bike ride :)
I'm making a toile for some ITS Eddystone jeans. I spent some time at the weekend making pattern adjustments and cutting out. Today I've been thread tracing.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #770 on: March 26, 2024, 22:46:20 PM »
I overlocked the seam of a duvet cover I shortened. Then I played with 4m of ivy leaf tablecloth to see the best use I could make of it.  Got 2 cloths for the extended dining table from it. Just need hemming but then it was time to make dinner.  All excitement here!. 
Yesterday I did a bit more cleaning of the SR and found 3 skirts in various stages of construction.  That will be the next project. Or three.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Silver Rose

« Reply #771 on: April 02, 2024, 14:43:53 PM »
Hello, I got in here early and finished off my dressing gown but I think the sleeves are a bit too long, they will trail in my breakfast muesli  0_0 .
Here is Mimi wearing it.

Ouryve

« Reply #772 on: April 02, 2024, 14:48:32 PM »
That is very pretty. I'm sandwiching my foxes. Unfortunately, the curved safety pins I bought for the purpose are like tree trunks but I do have some long quilters' pins, even though IANAQ, so I'm making use of those. I shall just have to watch I don't stab myself.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Stitches

« Reply #773 on: April 02, 2024, 14:53:19 PM »
Been sewing a scrap quilt today made up of 2 by 3.5 inches pieces

Elnnina

« Reply #774 on: April 02, 2024, 15:03:46 PM »
Well done Silver Rose,  your dressing gown looks lovely - love the fabric too.

I am trying to pick up on a blouse I started what seems like months ago, just having trouble trying to get a pattern balanced on the collar so that the points do not look odd - perhaps I am being too fussy.  I have even drawn out the collar on some clear plastic so that I can see what I will get.  There are bunches of flowers all flowing in one direction and unless I can come up with a solution to make it look right I don't know what else I can do.  I went to great lengths to get the fronts matching up at the CF, otherwise this blouse is nearly finished.

realale

« Reply #775 on: April 02, 2024, 17:15:13 PM »
I'm here and I've ploughed on with my jeans. They are finished now apart from the hem. I tried them on and need to tweak the pattern a little for the next pair. They'll do though. Problem is the denim is quite rough and not all that pleasant to wear.  :( I made lots of notes as I sewed them though so the next pair should sew up a dream..... ( :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:).
So many beers, so little time.

Acorn

« Reply #776 on: April 02, 2024, 17:39:20 PM »
I've repaired a pair of trousers for Mr Acorn, and almost made an eyemask for myself - if I get up in the night and it has started getting light I can't get back to sleep, so I'm going to give a mask a try.  I bet it doesn't stay on, or it annoys me too much though.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

fajita

« Reply #777 on: April 02, 2024, 18:00:19 PM »
I finished six brachiosaurus blocks for my quilt. Maybe the stegosaurus next. 

Edited for spelling. I spelt Brachiosaurus as Brontosaurus.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 23:58:17 PM by fajita »

twopence

« Reply #778 on: April 02, 2024, 18:47:02 PM »
I’ve been working on a jacket.

@Acorn I find that a soft dark coloured lightweight scarf laid over my head seems to work well as a sleep mask.

Tamnymore

« Reply #779 on: April 02, 2024, 22:14:49 PM »
I used a sleep mask if I wake in the night  and it's getting light @Acorn . If there's too much light outside because I'm staying somewhere which has thin curtains and bright light outside I'll wear a mask all night. It's quite effective and you soon get used to it.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde