The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm

Bjay

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #795 on: April 09, 2024, 15:38:58 PM »
Sounds like a lot of work @Elnnina .
You could be buried under all that sheeting!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Tamnymore

« Reply #796 on: April 09, 2024, 16:26:32 PM »
Sounds like hard work @Elnnina but good to get these things sorted.

Hope your eyes settle down quickly @Bjay . I've cut larger neckbands for my twin grandsons' tee shirts. Looks better. I'm attaching the sleeves then I'll run up the side seams. This means I can take the tee shirts and matching shorts for the boys to try on tomorrow then if all is well I'll finish them for the weekend.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lachica

« Reply #797 on: April 09, 2024, 19:37:44 PM »
I was in the sewing room but not sewing. Remember I said a sewing friend had challenged me to crochet a pair of baby bootees? It's easy, she said, if I can follow a YouTube vid so can you.....well I couldn't get the hang of it so she very kindly made them for me. Complicated by the size of the new baby's feet! Baby C's feet are 9cm long already whereas friend's 4 month old granddaughter is dainty & fits the newborn size. Anyhow, friend didn't have time to make the Converse style star-in-circle so today I've taught myself to crochet a circle. I then sewed a black star on then stitched them onto the boots.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  I know, the stars aren't level. After taking this pic I unpicked one & moved it so they match. Tomorrow I'll hopefully see them on the baby.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Acorn

« Reply #798 on: April 09, 2024, 19:51:50 PM »
Excellent!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #799 on: April 09, 2024, 22:04:32 PM »
Lovely!

Morgan

« Reply #800 on: April 10, 2024, 13:49:55 PM »
@Elnnina  you'll  need a well deserved  lie down after all that wrestling. 
 :faints:

Out & about now, hope to snatch a couple of hours sewing on Weds to finish a coat.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 13:52:55 PM by Morgan »

Silver Rose

« Reply #801 on: April 10, 2024, 14:21:20 PM »
I have sewn the sleeves into my top and am ready to finish off the hems.
Oops, I should have posted this in Wednesday's Sewing Club.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 14:25:09 PM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Elnnina

« Reply #802 on: April 16, 2024, 15:09:57 PM »
I am here still battling with my mattress covers, determined to get these finished either today or tomorrow as I am rather fed up with these dominating my sewing space, and of course it is stopping me from sewing other much needed items.  My sewing room faces east and at the moment there is a huge area of black clouds looming, it is almost like  a 'four seasons in one day' day we have had the sunshine, rain, wind, possible snow in the rain, thunderclaps all we need now is a rainbow and some lightning.

Morgan

« Reply #803 on: April 16, 2024, 15:56:17 PM »
Unpicking the top of the final sleeve cap - again. 
Fingers crossed that the pattern matching will stay where it's supposed to when I sew it for the 3rd time. 

One way or another this coat will be finished today. 

I've never had a project hanging around on the work table for so long with so little needing to be done to complete it  - it's not even a difficult job. 

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #804 on: April 16, 2024, 16:41:11 PM »
Although we’re now back home there’s been no time to sew.  After sorting everything out that we brought back I’ve had to do the Ocado order.  Maybe tomorrow?

Bjay

« Reply #805 on: April 16, 2024, 16:41:51 PM »
Lovely day here but a very brrr cold wind.

I have been at the sewing club abd have constructed 2 rows with the blocks from the other day
Now  i have totally lost inspiration about what's next.
It needs to be longer but is probably wide enough .

Will have to have a  ::thinks::
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

realale

« Reply #806 on: April 16, 2024, 16:44:25 PM »
I undid the top stitching yet again and scooped out the front crotch seam as I thought that was the problem - it was!! I then re-topstitched that seam and the back seam. I made the belt loops and sewed the waistband on. I baulked at any more topstitching today so I'll leave that till next time.  0_0
So many beers, so little time.

Ouryve

« Reply #807 on: April 16, 2024, 17:13:25 PM »
In fits and starts, though the day, I've added buttonholes and buttons to my cushion backs and basted them to the fronts. Just (haha) the binding to do, now.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

fajita

« Reply #808 on: April 16, 2024, 20:07:02 PM »
I finished the last of my tyrannosaurus blocks, and made the first of my stegosaurus blocks.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 15:10:01 PM by fajita »

Tamnymore

« Reply #809 on: April 16, 2024, 22:32:54 PM »
I overlooked the main sections of my new Marcy Tilton top then sewed the centre back to the side backs. I've sewn pocket facings to the fronts then sewn on the pockets to the pocket facings. Will sew the side seams and shoulders tomorrow then I can have a try on. That's always slightly nerve wracking as it's the first chance to see how it looks.