Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm

SewRuthieSews

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Wednesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2023, 16:48:07 PM »
This afternoon I've made a felt case for my reading glasses

Starryfish

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2023, 17:08:53 PM »
I've worked on DH's fleece top today, putting in the zip. It's Kwik Sew 3817 which is out of print, so the pattern is precious. The style is what he likes and I have made loads over the years.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Dh's is burgundy with navy contrast. i should be able to finish it tomorrow.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Celia

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2023, 09:50:31 AM »
I am going to try to join in this afternoon if it’s too cold upstairs I will bring a machine downstairs.  I love that glass case @SewRuthieSews it looks fun.

I need to make a phone case for my son sometime soon but oven gloves will probably be first.

Who else is joining today

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2023, 09:55:12 AM »
See you later!  I will remember today  :thinking:

I have a hem to coverstitch, and an underslip to make so that should keep me busy.  I also need to find the pdf for the coat I want to make - OH closed all the tabs before I could print it!  :rant:

See you all later!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ouryve

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2023, 11:10:17 AM »
I have my cords to finish. Tackling the long seams before lunch then it's elastic and hems.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Elnnina

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2023, 11:47:28 AM »
I will be sewing again this afternoon as I am still making the dress for my daughter's final journey.  In fact I was stitching away yesterday afternoon as well.

Ellabella

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2023, 12:21:48 PM »
I’m sewing this afternoon.  I hope to finish a pencil skirt in red ponte  and I need to mark up some more squares for my Sashiko quilt.

realale

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2023, 13:13:27 PM »
I'll be sewing son's coat..... Again!!! Little and often should get the job done, though perhaps 'little' isn't the right word to use!!
So many beers, so little time.

Flobear

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2023, 13:55:33 PM »
I'll be late. Dogs haven't been out for walkies yet and Mr Bear is waiting for a call from the Doc. surgery.

Laters!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Kad

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2023, 14:00:38 PM »
I'm still reducing leftover fabrics from a friends stash down to 2.5" & 4.5" squares. Tbh it's all progressing rather slowly - the fabrics are all leftovers from a single quilt so they work well together but to my mind they look a bit 'samey'. Think I need to add something plain in a caramel sort of colour to add a bit of definition - an excuse to shop perhaps  :ninja:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 14:10:19 PM by Kad »
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

fajita

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2023, 14:10:37 PM »
Hello.
I’m plodding along here, I’ve just joined six lengths of 2.5” width fabric to make into the binding for my dinosaur quilt. I’ll sit and iron the folds in it this afternoon, with the plan of maybe attaching it tomorrow.

Diane

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2023, 14:26:19 PM »
I’ve washed and ironed my sweat shirting fabric and I’ve also cut it out. Will start sewing it tomorrow as DH has just called to say he’s coming back early today so he can avoid the traffic jams. I can’t sew when he’s here.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 15:40:28 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

b15erk

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2023, 14:29:48 PM »
'Afternoon All!  Well, the Burnout dress is now finished, it's very simple, but a nice sleeve detail.  I was dreading the hem, but the Coverstitch played nicely, and the dress fabric didn't curl too much.

I've just overocked the slip together, and have done the first armhole. Just overlocked and turned, and I'm happy with it.  I want it to act as a lining, so I used the front and back of the dress, and trimmed the s/allowance on the neck and armholes.  Just one armhole and the neck left, then the C/S will be out again for the hem.

I'm considering another one of these dresses as I've found a lovely knit in the stash, but I'm short on wardrobe space... :embarrassed:

I need another opinion on the darts if the rtw dress I bought last week, they are really odd - I'll try to put a piicture up.

I've also lifted out the Burda Coat pattern for the Orange wool coat - I think that will be next week now.

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ouryve

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2023, 14:33:49 PM »
I have a SITD to do on my charcoal cord, in a bit. And someone has stolen my sunshine  :rolleyes:

Still, if I can't see it...  :thinking:
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Celia

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2023, 14:37:23 PM »
Ok I am here and sorting out my ovengloves, don’t hold your breath