Pearl

Re: A "WIPGO" sew along
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 18:06:11 PM »
Thanks for that @Pearl

Hmmm. In that case I have
7- Sparkling Stars Quilt
and
11- Sparkling Stars Quilt

:laughing:  You’ll make good progress then, @SewRuthieSews .

WendyW

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023, 18:27:01 PM »
Thanks, @Pearl! I just came here to post the numbers.  I only just now got on the computer, at lunch time in the US, as I woke up only 30min before I had to leave the house today.  You guys have big head start on the day.

I have NOT completed my January projects yet. I've got one set of drapes, out of 3 sets, left to complete. And none are hemmed because my husband hasn't hung the rods yet. My other Jan. project was to work on cutting quilting scraps, and I still have a few days to get that done.

My February projects are the roman shades for my sewing room, and dealing with a bin of old clothes. When we cleaned out my in-laws house, I kept a bin of my MIL's clothing from the 60's with intent to salvage the fabrics (gorgeous fabrics, UGLY clothes!) I've opened it a few time but the smell makes me close it up again. I guess my first step should be to throw them all in the washer.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2023, 19:19:03 PM »
Currently I am not excited at doing three lots of Sparkling stars blocks in the next 3 weeks (I'm away the last half of Feb), but maybe I need to get past that......

WendyW

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 19:52:32 PM »
I think the whole point of working by the numbers is the getting past the "don't wanna", but with your numbers coming up with 3 of the same thing in succession, I'd probably swap one or two of them for another square. It's intended to motivate, not discourage.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 20:04:55 PM »
OK, I could go with 2 lots of Sparkling stars - one for Jan, one for Feb, and swapping the second Feb one for something else.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2023, 09:47:26 AM »
So Jan has gone and no Sparkling Stars happened. I did complete my trousers with a front fly zip so pleased about that.
I am going to be away for the second half of Feb (which is a short month anyway).

I'm about to start the Travel waistcoat, so will swap that in as one of my February projects.

WendyW

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2023, 01:53:07 AM »
I did make a good dent in my scrap pile, so I marked that off my board. I finished my drapes as far as a could without rods hung yet, but it was on Feb 2nd, so I couldn't cross it off.

I've got my fabric for my Roman shades prewashed, and a cleared-off cutting table to work on. Opened the old clothes bin again, and closed it up again, but in my defense I was in the process of cleaning my sewing room to host a group activity, and I didn't need to begin a mess when i was supposed to be cleaning. I need to go take a picture of my room while it's clean.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2023, 15:04:46 PM »
@WendyW and @Pearl
If you've not managed to do a monthly task during that month but finish it later in the year does it still get crossed off?

WendyW

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2023, 19:05:05 PM »
Nope. To get crossed off and count toward a "bingo", it must be completed within or before its month. But you still get the satisfaction of a job well done!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2023, 10:38:37 AM »
Oh no! right OK.

Pearl

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2023, 06:51:52 AM »
I would still cross it off.  Your board, your rules.  No WIPGO police.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2023, 09:39:29 AM »
@Pearl, I like your interpretation better!

WendyW

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2023, 03:46:41 AM »
Crossed one off my list today. I used a blustery, blizzardy day to finish the Roman shades for my sewing room.

Window shade 1 by CraftymamaMN, on Flickr

Window shade 2 by CraftymamaMN, on Flickr

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2023, 09:11:41 AM »
Ooh well done, That looks really good  :thumb:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2023, 09:18:50 AM »
@WendyW Well done they look wonderful