The Sewing Place

A "WIPGO" sew along

Pearl

Re: A "WIPGO" sew along
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 12:50:13 PM »
March’s WIPGO numbers have been announced.  They are 2 and 22.

For me this is TSP Mystery quilt , which has been waiting to be quilted since 2017, and a Christmas wall hanging, which is just what I’m thinking about in March.

WendyW

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 15:01:05 PM »
Thanks for posting the numbers, Pearl.

I cleaned my sewing room to host an event 2 weeks ago, and now I can't find my list. Good thing i posted a picture of it here.   :facepalm:

My projects this month are a wedding dress for an 18"doll (I promised 3 to a friend a loooong time ago and have failed in this promise) and a new tote bag to use for Community Bible Study. I need one that fits the things I carry with me.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2023, 15:41:49 PM »
So I'm not going to move things around but I am going to count finished projects even if it's the wrong month. I know that's not the purists approach but it works for me.

Mine would be something with beaded detail and a tower placket cuff. Hopefully I can manage those as well as catch up on my sparkling stars.

Before I came away on holiday I had almost finished the ruby blocks from the sparkling stars quilt so they should be done within February. I will share once done.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2023, 16:56:40 PM »
I managed to finish these 4 blocks in February, though I'd not made enough of the components for the 5th so that will be into early March (ie today)

I have managed 4 of the planned projects, just not quite the right ones :-)
As this is my board I'm saying 'Yay Ruthie' and giving myself the squares!

WendyW

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2023, 18:42:35 PM »
I managed to get the bin of vintage clothes washed and dried last night, so I'm crossing that off my list. Just squeaked under the wire with that one. Now I need to figure out what to do with them, but I'll make a separate post elsewhere about that conundrum.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2023, 17:27:50 PM »
I've just finished the Emerald blocks for the Sparkling Stars quilt so awarded myself the square on the WIPGO.

Not done anything yet on my actual March goals
an item with beaded detail
and
shirt with a tower placket

But we still have 3 weeks to go.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 17:30:00 PM by SewRuthieSews »

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2023, 14:06:57 PM »
right, we have just over a week to the end of the month.
@Pearl @WendyW how are you getting on with your WIPGOs?

I apparently was going to do a shirt with a tower placket and an item with beaded detail.
Instead I made 3 blouses, none of which have a tower placket or a beaded detail. Hmmmmm.

I could add a beaded detail to this blouse, something at the neckline to help keep the facing in place.....

And I could have a go at a classic shirt in this fabric, making sure to do the tower placket.

Pearl

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2023, 20:54:32 PM »
This month has been a wipe out for me.  So much work and family stuff going on, so I haven’t touched either project.  One more week till we break up for Easter so hopefully April will be better.

I love the colour of your shirt, @SewRuthieSews .

WendyW

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2023, 03:28:59 AM »
@SewRuthieSews  I think a beaded detail on that blouse would dress it up nicely!

I haven't touched either of my projects yet. Mostly I'm guilty of not even thinking about them when I was in the sewing room. But, a week remains, so I will complete at least one of them.

Pearl

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2023, 11:25:54 AM »
April’s numbers have been called - 5 and 17

For me that is a row by row quilt that I began making at a quilting group I used to attend, and Roxy’s Journal of Stitchery.  As I break up next weekend, I should make good progress on both of them. 🙂

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2023, 12:13:38 PM »
5 is Waterproof over trousers
and 17 is Bag that’s not just a tote, which I've already done (I made an art bag with zips)

Hmmmmmm

WendyW

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2023, 13:52:07 PM »
My #5 is a scrappy charity quilt. Super easy, and I was just watching a video last night that I want to try.

My #17 is a quilt for the guest bed. This also has been on my mind, and I was considering doing a pastel "Farmer's Wife" There is no way I can be prepped for that- I want to track down second-hand fabrics for it- much less get it done within the next month, so I'm going to look for another pattern. The odds of me finishing a Farmer's Wife are pretty slim, even without a deadline.

I have gotten started on this month's projects. The bag I need to make is now cut out on my cutting table and awaiting my attention over the weekend. The wedding dress project is an 18" doll dress (1 of 3) made from a client's wedding dress. I finally found the client's dress yesterday. It was still packed from our move and I spent well over an hour digging through boxes in our attic unsuccessfully looking for it, only to find it in an open box in our mud room.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2023, 19:47:19 PM »
@WendyW when you refer to 'Farmer's Wife' is that the sampler quilt from the book by Laurie Aaron Hird? I have her sampler quilt book & the Homestead Medallion quilt book. Both beautiful. 

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2023, 20:47:40 PM »
I decided to add 4 rows of topstitching and a little beaded detail to the neckline of tunic top.

This meets my March WIPGO challenge of "Item with beaded detail"

WendyW

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2023, 23:47:55 PM »
@coffeeandcake Yes, that's the author. I was considering the 1930s quilt.

@SewRuthieSews that bit of trim is a lovely addition to the blouse!