The Sewing Place

A "WIPGO" sew along

Acorn

Re: A "WIPGO" sew along
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2023, 15:52:15 PM »
As soon as someone/thing tells me I have to finish something I stop enjoying it!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2023, 15:57:57 PM »
But surely @Acorn the whole point of doing /  making something is to finish it?? Stuff hanging around isn't productive and the impetus to get it finished must diminish. Then, all you have is a pile of part used fabrics  ::thinks:: good for nothing and no end product
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2023, 16:03:32 PM »
But surely @Acorn the whole point of doing /  making something is to finish it?? Stuff hanging around isn't productive and the impetus to get it finished must diminish. Then, all you have is a pile of part used fabrics  ::thinks:: good for nothing and no end product

For me, it’s much more about the process (which is just as well  :laughing:).  I enjoy trying new techniques.

Lowena

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2023, 16:06:32 PM »
Yes but how do you know you've mastered a technique if it ain't done n dusted??  :P
Btw @Pearl I'm sooo  excited about planning a new quilt  :dance: It's been ages!

Acorn

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2023, 16:07:38 PM »
Yes - as @Pearl says it's the doing rather than the finished object, usually.  Sometimes I feel like patchwork, sometimes knitting or crochet, sometimes clothes, sometimes... sometimes... sometimes...  Being able to choose from a number of projects gives me a warm and happy feeling.

Mastering a new technique is often a different thing to starting a project.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Pearl

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2023, 18:17:09 PM »
No 14 and 19 for October

For me that’s the Spirals quilt I started at a Jan Hassard workshop about 100 years ago.  I’m hand quilting it and am about a third of the way through.  It’s not very big so I hope to have it finished next month.  19 is knitting for charity, which is easy to achieve, so I’m happy with this draw.

Lowena

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2023, 18:39:19 PM »
I wait with baited breath  :laughing:

Pearl

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2023, 14:59:16 PM »
I wait with baited breath  :laughing:

I tidied my sewing room over the summer and it’s still tidy, so I won’t be spending half of the month looking for the project.

Kwaaked

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2023, 05:45:20 AM »
Are we doing this again?

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2023, 09:24:35 AM »
@Kwaaked yes if enough people want to participate.
I'll be filling my board with the WIPGO things I didn't do in 2023!