realale

Re: Pantone Viva Magenta Contest - 1 March to 30 April 2023
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2023, 07:56:17 AM »
That looks lovely and fits you well. A great make.  :thumb:
So many beers, so little time.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2023, 22:48:10 PM »
Well, I found the parts of a summer skirt I cut out before I was ill.  Looks like a reasonable fit for the magenta sew.  Here are the bits.    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Bit of a messy weekend.  Finally got as far as this:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    Managed to sew one of the pocket facings on the wrong side of the welt, but bodged it (might unpick if I get up energy tomorrow) this is in spite of having made up this pattern a few times before. I am actually wearing a skirt from it now, and have a couple more in the wardrobe. Never made such a mess before.  Anyhow, I am too tired to sew any more tonight, the last day of April.  Can I just enter 2 (1.5) welt pockets?  I thought not. Well done the rest of you.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Vezelay

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2023, 00:06:57 AM »
@toileandtrouble has done more than me :embarrassed:. Tnight my fabric is still in one piece on the cutting table while I assemble a different size pdf of my Songbird pattern. It's been a busy public holiday weekend, that's my excuse. So no entry but at least I've something in progress. Well done everyone!

Lachica

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2023, 07:32:26 AM »
@toileandtrouble lovely fabric! I'm slightly further ahead than you, but since my dress doesn't have its neckband on or a hem, I can't enter either.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ouryve

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »
Yve's fashionably late entry:

Fingerless gloves knit with Blacker Yarns pure dyed cotswold wool in Fuchsia, based on the Novita Lumikukka knitted gloves. Lumikukka means snowflower and the gloves feature a lace and cable motif resembling an opening flower bud.

The only adaptation made to the pattern was to make the gloves fingerless. Any problems with the pattern were mostly of my own making. I would pick up the finger stitches slightly differently If I made them again, though, to make them a bit tidier.

The yarn was lovely to work with. It's a bit rough, straight from the ball and I had to pick out a lot of bits of vegetation but it's bloomed nicely with a soak with a little bit of shampoo.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 11:43:43 AM by Ouryve »
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2023, 13:40:28 PM »
Thank you @Ouryve for your wonderful submission.
If there is anyone else who is nearly there and wants to post their entries, please do so today if you can (or send me a PM if you can't) and I can get started setting up the voting thread!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2023, 13:41:56 PM »
@toileandtrouble and @Vezelay happily the next contest is to finish off partially done projects!

SewRuthieSews

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2023, 12:21:57 PM »
Final Call for any Viva Magenta entries.

I'll start putting the voting thread together this afternoon.

Lachica

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2023, 12:49:10 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Just to swell the numbers a bit. I don't like the A line on me, I'll be slimming this down, shortening into a tunic. The back is even baggier, maybe using CL for the back bodice wasn't a good idea.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   I do like the way the sleeves turned out though.
Mary

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2023, 14:57:47 PM »
@Lachica the front looks pretty good but the back looks way too big and too long.
Shame because it’s fabulous fabric. 

Lachica

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2023, 15:59:55 PM »
@Ohsewsimple yes, it feels frumpy. I'm not sure how it ended up so big. I reduced the pattern as a previous t shirt made from it was too big. Details on my diary thread. I have 3 tunics made from FT which I wear a lot so cutting this down will make it wearable. I may embroider a few more stars on the back. The shoulders & neckline fit well having cut them smaller so I'll take in the sides by a couple of inches first. Annoyed with myself for not trying it on before doing the beautifully neat hem! Also, I really wanted capacious  pockets but they're making the hips wider. I do NOT need any extra there!
Mary

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2023, 18:13:10 PM »
Voting is now open for the Viva Magenta Contest
You have 3 votes. I know its impossible, but please honour 3 of our lovely members with your vote for their make.