The Sewing Place

Vogue Spring 2023 patterns

HenriettaMaria

Re: Vogue Spring 2023 patterns
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2023, 18:27:25 PM »
Just had a ferret about online and found this:

https://issuu.com/mccallpatterncompany

Instead of being a design house that publishes patterns, it's a publishing house that has paper patterns as a sideline.  Hardly surprising things ain't wot they used to be.

William

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2023, 18:56:27 PM »
Colour me disappointed. Nothing exciting here. Theonly piece i find not hum-drum is the pants suit...
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2023, 00:38:44 AM »
Just had a ferret about online and found this:

https://issuu.com/mccallpatterncompany

Instead of being a design house that publishes patterns, it's a publishing house that has paper patterns as a sideline.  Hardly surprising things ain't wot they used to be.

Design Group is a UK company that bought CSS in 2020, that had bought up the various companies. The industry has changed. Indie patterns have swallowed up a lot of the business. A lot of younger sewists are anti big corporations driving the move to Indies.  Time marches on.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2023, 18:25:42 PM »
Like a lot of you Vogue used to be my go to pattern company but not anymore. I find the designs now seem really outdated and often wonder if people actually make any of the garments as they now seem so impactable, who would wear the shirt dress with those sleeves? They would dangle in your soup (or worse!!)  :laughing: or is it just me that is getting old, no don't answer that.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Missie

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2023, 12:10:31 PM »
I love the Julio Cesar dress and the 1970s dress but other than that it is a bit Snoresville!

Tamnymore

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2023, 13:38:38 PM »
Yes I think the Julio Cesar dress is actually lovely @Missie and has more complexity in it than many indie patterns but you have to be younger and thinner than me to wear it successfully. The 70s dress is interesting - I think I still have one like that at the back of the wardrobe somewhere!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde