Un Finished Object Contest: May and June 2023

Ohsewsimple

Re: Un Finished Object Contest: May and June 2023
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2023, 16:20:21 PM »
Definitely need to get that finished @Ouryve

Kwaaked

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2023, 08:29:58 AM »
Do all my previous partially unfinished contest entries work?  These are the only UFOs I actually have at the moment.

That and a client's blanket.

SewRuthieSews

Lachica

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2023, 08:58:38 AM »
@Ouryve that looks like a lovely coat, looking forward to seeing it finished.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2023, 09:45:05 AM »
Does all the unfinished housework that I haven't done for ages count  :bye:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2023, 11:09:22 AM »
@Bumblebuncher sorry no, unfinished housework doesn't count!

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2023, 11:59:49 AM »
@SewRuthieSews Oh well, I will just leave it then  :D
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Bjay

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2023, 14:00:04 PM »
Could I add my horrible blue quilt top/quilt please.?
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

b15erk

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2023, 09:41:41 AM »
Handbags.  I cut out four last year for birthdays, and so far only one has been finished and given away.  I've not got very far with them, but they are definitely UFO's - although not of great vintage.  Some have zips in, some have linings, but all are at different stages - none, anywhere near finished.

So, are handbags allowed?  I would love to get rid of all the clutter which is sitting there, waiting for me to make a start...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2023, 10:37:03 AM »
yes handbags, quilt tops, garments which are cut out but not sewn, all these things are UFOs
Just make sure to take a before picture so we can see the progress you have made.
And use this thread to get advice if you are stuck!

Helen M

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2023, 12:39:02 PM »
I have a dress that was started last summer and had a few hitches (pattern design faults), a blouse cut out many, many moons ago (I'll give details if I decide to go for it, but it's embarrassing......), and a tapestry-like square that was to be a cushion cover. Tapestry finished but fabric for backing and piping cord still in the bag with receipt dates unless they have faded.  I think the dress will be the first to be tackled.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 75

Lachica

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2023, 22:10:11 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  I laid one of my tunics on my inside-out Starry dress, and pinned out 2.5 cm on each side, making it 10 cm smaller in diameter. I took out more over the hips and 😣 lost the beautiful big pockets   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I really don't understand why it came out so big but must go back to the pattern and alter it before o make the same mistake again!
Mary

Lachica

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2023, 22:13:49 PM »
Tomorrow I'll cut off the lovely neat hem  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  before overlocking. I will probably cut more off but will so that once I've got the sides correct. I don't want to lose the fullness of the sleeve head so will taper the sides up to nothing at the underarm.
Mary

Lilian

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2023, 23:32:08 PM »
I have one UFO so will try to join in.  Pics tomorrow when I've sorted it out.  It's a blouse, I'll find the pattern.
Willing but not always able :)

Lachica

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »
Well the sides have been taken in. Now I need to adjust the back - it's wrinkly still so now I'm going to undo the new seam 😣 as far as just above the bodice seam so I can take 6 cm out of the length of the bodice.
Mary