The Sewing Place

Hi I'm New! Woo!

WildAtlanticWay

Re: Hi I'm New! Woo!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2023, 11:16:57 AM »
Hi Emily,

Welcome to TSP. I’ll try anything but mainly garment sewing at the moment. Looking forward to seeing what you make.
We have a Members Diaries section where we post updates on our latest projects.

Flobear

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2023, 12:11:06 PM »
Welcome @EmilyHuh .

I arrived here as a garment and household items sewist but fell into the abyss that is the Dark side. Having play-days with @Imi before I moved away from Dorset means that I have been very well taught!!

Whatever your inclinations, we'd love to hear about them.  Sewing-wise of course.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2023, 12:35:31 PM »
@EmilyHuh  hello and welcome from me too
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

justpottering

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2023, 17:53:58 PM »
Hi @EmilyHuh welcome from me too, a garment maker I also alter and repair clothing for self and others as well as soft furnishings, no darksider in this girls sewing room  :D

Looking forward to hearing from you and what you’ve been up to with your sewing
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Puzzler

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2023, 18:53:41 PM »
Welcome to TSP. Look forward to seeing what you make.

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2023, 09:59:37 AM »

My auntie made me do it

Loooooving your byline @EmilyHuh   :love:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Surest1tch

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2023, 12:10:25 PM »
@EmilyHuh, welcome from me too  :). I'm not too sure what I'm a sewist of at the moment but before caring got in the way I used to be a  sewist of pretty much anything I could get under the machine head  :S.

Cangysuff

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2023, 06:37:00 AM »
Hi Emily,
Welcome from another newbie.   Hope you will be very happy on here your aunt has done you a big favour in suggesting you join.  I love a sewing forum, the one i belonged to a few years back folded, I have no sewing friends so have no one to talk sewing to or ask advice and am really pleased to have found The Sewing Place.  No doubt will see you around  :VV:

Nevis5

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2023, 08:44:51 AM »
Hi @EmilyHuh  and welcome from me too  :VV: