The Sewing Place

Dots and Spots Contest July and August 2023

SewRuthieSews

Re: Dots and Spots Contest July and August 2023
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2023, 10:49:22 AM »
@Ploshkin that's wonderful. Cute spots and such a great use of the small yardage!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2023, 11:12:48 AM »
Ooh I like that @Ploshkin and I like the way you've used the lettering so we all know it’s quality Atelier Brunette.  :laughing:   Looks like it was a real squeeze but good use of a small amount.  :thumb:

Starryfish

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2023, 11:23:24 AM »
I've finished my pyjamas, and will get a photo this afternoon. The light is bad today but I'll do my best.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Ploshkin

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2023, 11:48:16 AM »
@Ohsewsimple I had no choice but to go into the selvedge.  I actually can't abide lettering on clothing but this is inside and will still bug me!
Life's too short for ironing.

Starryfish

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2023, 16:55:45 PM »
Starryfish's Entry#2- Style Arc Pyjamas. I used moon and star pattern pink cotton from Fabworks. They are piped with cream satin ready made piping. Life is too short to make my own. This is the 4th pair I have made, the only change I made is to shorten the legs by 2".

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The pj's are very comfortable, in the summer I wear the bottoms with a tank top. I enhanced the image to show the fabric better.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 16:57:18 PM by Starryfish »
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Ouryve

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2023, 18:08:56 PM »
Yve's entry #2 cotton jersey pyjamas using the TATB Frankie Top and Stella Joggers from the book, Stretch.

These are T&T patterns for me and I've and adjusted the front rise of the joggers to come much higher than the original pattern. I've straightened the bottom hem of the top and taken the obligatory 2" off the length of the sleeves.

If this had been my first experience of stretch fabric, I may never have bothered again. It's very soft and snuggly with a lot of stretch. That makes it lovely to wear but the amorphous feeling, combined with a generous amount of curl made it a pig to manipulate and sew and both machines had their issues with it. I used pins, rather than clips, to control the curl and they kept falling out!
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2023, 09:50:30 AM »
@Starryfish @Ouryve such lovely PJs!

I'm putting the voting thread together....

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2023, 10:06:18 AM »
Please vote in the Dots and Spots contest in the Voting area (link below)

Vote for the Dots and Spots contest

You have 2 votes and 2 days to decide, before we announce the winner. Please use your votes (even though its impossible!)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 10:07:53 AM by SewRuthieSews »