The Sewing Place

hey I'm new

HenriettaMaria

Re: hey I'm new
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2023, 13:07:11 PM »
Hello from another Scot, albeit east coast.  When you said you had a woofer, my first thought was, what does hi fi equipment have to do with sewing?  Then the penny dropped  :laughing:

My biggest problem with curtains is not that they are intrinsically difficult - it is, after all, mainly sewing in straight lines - it's that there's a lot of fabric to handle and if you need to pattern match you need a big space to work in.

And don't forget, we want
 :pics:

Puzzler

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2023, 19:43:48 PM »
Welcome to TSP.  0_0

smurf44

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2023, 09:16:34 AM »
We also love Woofers big, small, any breed or Heinz - including cats, parrots, rabbits, fish... whatever you love. Pets fred is here for when you have a mo.

https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,7077.0.html

Don't feel you have to visit all 65 pages  ;)

i ahve to see them all!! :D

smurf44

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2023, 09:18:31 AM »
Hello from another Scot, albeit east coast.  When you said you had a woofer, my first thought was, what does hi fi equipment have to do with sewing?  Then the penny dropped  :laughing:

My biggest problem with curtains is not that they are intrinsically difficult - it is, after all, mainly sewing in straight lines - it's that there's a lot of fabric to handle and if you need to pattern match you need a big space to work in.

And don't forget, we want
 :pics:

That made me laugh haha!  i did scrap my last pair as they were heavy tweed, eyelet, thermal lined and i decided to make them extra extra long width and got myself in a mess and went in a huff!   

smurf44

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2023, 09:19:12 AM »
Thanks for the lovely welcome.. Im getting the feeling that  :pics:  is good. :D

Surest1tch

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2023, 20:29:42 PM »
Hello @smurf44 and a warm welcome from me too  :)