The Sewing Place

would this/could this pattern for me be mutton dressed as lamb?

Renegade Sewist

Re: would this/could this pattern for me be mutton dressed as lamb?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2023, 18:45:58 PM »
@WildAtlanticWay and @BrendaP  the info is actually still there.  :thumb: She mentioned Clyde pants, web search that to go to Elizabeth Suzann patterns and same with the Metamorphic dress she's asking about to find your way to Sew Liberated patterns.

BrendaP the Metamorphic dress is really "Lagenlook light", it's reversible and is pretty trim, looks like a tunic with a skirt reversing to the same with a shorter pinafore/apron type layer. The sort of garment that can look adorable with leggings, ankle boots and a hat or scarf. Perfect for puttering in the garden or scouring antique shops.

I looked at Joe Browns yesterday. Meh. I liked a couple of the fabrics on dresses but for styles there wasn't anything I'd be caught dead wearing. Just not me. I was disappointed, Peeps were saying nice things about them. Twenty year old me liked a very bold short jumpsuit but alas she no longer chooses my clothes.

ETA: upon closer examination the 3 layer version is being worn over a skirt or dress.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 22:14:55 PM by Renegade Sewist »
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

BrendaP

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2023, 19:00:41 PM »
Thank you @Renegade Sewist

Nope, the metamorphic dress isn't for me.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2023, 22:24:43 PM »
Thank you @Renegade Sewist

Nope, the metamorphic dress isn't for me.

I've actually been eyeballing it now and then for years and I don't wear dresses.  :) I'm definitely a "casual vibe" person living in the land of "casual vibe". Lol I can see it as a tunic for me. For that usage one could definitely use light weight and thinner fabrics which would keep it from being too hot to wear. Looks nice with the ¾ length sleeves shown with it.

I'm holding off until I find shoes I can wear besides these Brooks running shoes. These feet are hard to accommodate.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Surest1tch

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2023, 16:15:02 PM »
@marylou, take no notice of your other half, tell him he doesn't have to be seen out with you if he doesn't like it, men hu.
Apart from the last few years of my working life I had to look smart at work, I was a tailor and needed to look smart in front of clients and customers, the last 10 years I was working I had to wear a uniform so now I wear what I'm comfortable in. I wear comfortable/scruffy clothes around the house and garden, for shopping, dog walking it's usually jeans and tee shirts. I do have dressy clothes for going somewhere important or special but that's a rarity these days and I feel like a trussed up chicken when I do have to dress up. I don't give two hoots what other people or hubby thinks, it's my choice no one else's.
If you're unsure of the style why not try and find a similar garment in the shops and try it on, if it looks good and feels right you'll know the style is right for you, I'd then invest your time and money in making one  :thumb:.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 16:37:49 PM by Surest1tch »